Sign in to follow this  
767lover

monitor choice, please help

I got a cheapo Walmart Sceptre 43" 4K HDR "TV" and it is brilliant.  My card can't handle 4K and I prefer to play with HDR off, but for under 200 bucks, it can't be beat.  I feel like I have a billboard sitting in front of me, and when you add some head tracking hardware, it's really special.  

8 hours ago, DaWu said:

Only when listed on Nvidia Homepage. Not all freesync monitors are compatible with Nvidia cards 

1. Nobody has stated all Freesync monitors work with G-Sync. I said "G-Sync compatible (Freesync Premium or similar) monitor".
2. There are monitors that work perfectly with G-Sync that are not listed on their website. The best way to find out if it works is researching it. 

You seem to be replying to every post by someone who's recommending Freesync. And what you're saying is not true. 

I have an Acer Predator X34A 34" IPS 100Hz G-Sync monitor myself. It's absolutely awesome. But if I were to buy a monitor now, I would get one with Freesync Premium or higher, or both G-Sync and Freesync. Because with a G-Sync monitor I can't use any other GPU than Nvidia. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

8 hours ago, Republic3D said:

1. Nobody has stated all Freesync monitors work with G-Sync. I said "G-Sync compatible (Freesync Premium or similar) monitor".
2. There are monitors that work perfectly with G-Sync that are not listed on their website. The best way to find out if it works is researching it. 

You seem to be replying to every post by someone who's recommending Freesync. And what you're saying is not true. 

I have an Acer Predator X34A 34" IPS 100Hz G-Sync monitor myself. It's absolutely awesome. But if I were to buy a monitor now, I would get one with Freesync Premium or higher, or both G-Sync and Freesync. Because with a G-Sync monitor I can't use any other GPU than Nvidia. 

All I am saying is that some monitors advert with gsync compatible while not listed in Nvidia homepage and then the compatibility is really bad. I made this mistake myself this year. Tearing of hell. Good luck 

Edited by DaWu
  • Like 1

Lukas Dalton

5 hours ago, DaWu said:

All I am saying is that some monitors advert with gsync compatible while not listed in Nvidia homepage and then the compatibility is really bad. I made this mistake myself this year. Tearing of hell. Good luck 

I understand, sorry if I came across as a bit harsh. 
As far as I understand, newer G-Sync monitors are supposed to work with Freesync cards as well, but I don't know if this has been implemented yet. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s