Sign in to follow this  
Lockheed L-1011-1

Just Flight DC-8 lag in high end laptop

hello, I got the complete pack of Just Flight's DC-8, including the liveries, but the game lags on my pc. my pc specs are: GTX 960M, i7-5500u (not overclocked, stock) 16GB ram, 512gb ssd. I am using old version (non-updated) of windows 10. any other aircraft including payware runs fine. I am playing on near highest without any traffic. any plane is above 40fps. but the Just Flight's DC-8 lags on the ground, and sometimes the outside lags, but sometimes the inside lags. I do not find a reason why the plane should lag, I can provide my fsx settings and add-ons. the plane lags mostly on the ground, but in the air it is fine. it almost makes impossible to land. please tell me how to fix this. thank you.

There should be two models (at least in the Steam version): the standard and the HD one. Have you tried flying the standard ones?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

3 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

There should be two models (at least in the Steam version): the standard and the HD one. Have you tried flying the standard ones?

there is no standart and HD model, only 1 model.

Then check your texture sizes. If possible, resize the one bigger than 1024 to this size. All textures should be mipped.

PS: I had a similar laptop, but with a faster CPU... that's how I manged to run the DC8.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

2 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Then check your texture sizes. If possible, resize the one bigger than 1024 to this size. All textures should be mipped.

PS: I had a similar laptop, but with a faster CPU... that's how I manged to run the DC8.

I am playing on full screen 1024 x 768 (lowest full screen resolution)

2 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

thank you so much, I increased the resolution and it runs a lot better now.

I know it's not what you want to hear but the answer is probably that the CPU/GPU combination is just too slow to handle the complexity of the aircraft. 

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

4 hours ago, W2DR said:

I know it's not what you want to hear but the answer is probably that the CPU/GPU combination is just too slow to handle the complexity of the aircraft. 

I do not think that since this is the most laggiest aircraft in my library. I have also lowered settings but no dice. there must be a bug, sometimes it reaches 70fps for less than a second but mostly below 20fps. I do not think the aircraft is intense enough not o handle it. CLS DC-10 has nearly the same specs and I run at 60fps with REX.

It may not be a bug though. Nor the complexity of the entire aircraft. Sometimes just one or two unique features can cause this type of problem. I hope you find a solution as I know this kind of stuff is maddening.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

so I did 20 minutes of testing with the DC-8. I took off with an another aircraft at KEDW. after some minutes later, I changed to DC-8. I lowered my settings to test if it had anything to do with settings. I lowered them all (res was 1024 x 768) and nothing really changed. I turned the settings back to high, nothing still changed. I was getting 30-40fps middle of the desert, but you see, it is middle of the desert with only some branches as objects. the fps varied mostly between 25-40fps. I also played with the engine throttles if there was change (the DC-8 has smokey engines) sometimes plane with smokey engines make it run horribly. still no change. I do believe it is optimized badly.  I was playing with 1024 x 768 the whole time.
thanks

1 minute ago, Lockheed L-1011-1 said:

so I did 20 minutes of testing with the DC-8. I took off with an another aircraft at KEDW. after some minutes later, I changed to DC-8. I lowered my settings to test if it had anything to do with settings. I lowered them all (res was 1024 x 768) and nothing really changed. I turned the settings back to high, nothing still changed. I was getting 30-40fps middle of the desert, but you see, it is middle of the desert with only some branches as objects. the fps varied mostly between 25-40fps. I also played with the engine throttles if there was change (the DC-8 has smokey engines) sometimes plane with smokey engines make it run horribly. still no change. I do believe it is optimized badly.  I was playing with 1024 x 768 the whole time.
thanks

mostly it was 40fps (my fps limiter is set to 40) but there is this sudden drop for a second to 19-23fps, this is not only for DC-8, some other planes in my library. also help me configure DC-8's alt select, I still cannot do it. it is always at "00000"

On 12/17/2020 at 4:28 PM, Lockheed L-1011-1 said:

bruh. it is still lagging. my PC is 4x time the needed specs and I cannot handle it.

I don't have the product, but I am very curious as to the exact specs of your PC.  Recommended specs for default FSX aircraft is one thing and very intensive add-ons are a different story.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors