Sign in to follow this  
ECPatterson

LNM 2.6.6 makes MSFS 1.12.13.0 crash during bush trips

Hi,

Today's MSFS update (Dec. 22) crashes when loading the leg of a bush trip when LNM 2.6.6 is open. Opening LMP during a bush trip will also cause MSFS to crash. Didn't have that problem with previous MSFS version. 

My Community folder is empty.

Thanks for any help resolving this.

Please report this to Asobo.

Their releases are notoriously buggy. LNM simply reads a few SimConnect variables which does neither crash FSX nor any P3D version.

MSFS was updated. LNM did not change. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alex

Hi unfortunately I have found the same thing as @ECPatterson

With LNM open (which is a **fantastic** app by the way) the MSFS bush trip (I was doing the Alaska one) crashed each of the 3 times I tried it.

I then closed LNM and it loaded first time.

I cannot say if this was due to the new MSFS patch a few days ago because I installed LNM for the first time only yesterday.

The free flight with LNM running worked perfectly however.  

On 12/23/2020 at 8:36 AM, ECPatterson said:

Hi,

Today's MSFS update (Dec. 22) crashes when loading the leg of a bush trip when LNM 2.6.6 is open. Opening LMP during a bush trip will also cause MSFS to crash. Didn't have that problem with previous MSFS version. 

My Community folder is empty.

Thanks for any help resolving this.

Having the same problem, must be happening to everyone

Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 4.1GHz
RAM 16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
Asus 32in monitor 2560*1440

I cannot fix this because I cannot fix MSFS. I did a test flight yesterday and had no crashes.

Try to disable traffic in the LNM connection dialog. Maybe it helps.

LNM was working without issues before the MSFS update and is still doing fine with FSX and P3D which use the same SimConnect interface.

Looking at the quality of the recent MSFS updates I'm quite sure they again screwed something up.

Alex

Edit: Here is an issue to vote for: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/little-nav-map-problem-since-dec-22-update/340065

Edited by albar965

Me too bush trip crash when open LNM. I try also older version of LNM but crash anyway.

Edited by futurnet

Francesco cattaneo

15 hours ago, futurnet said:

Me too bush trip crash when open LNM. I try also older version of LNM but crash anyway.

Older versions of LNM wont fix this. Nothing has changed in the parts of LNM using SimConnect. Only a new version of MSFS can fix this.

AFAIK Little navmap only reads information from MSFS, so I don't see how it can be the cause of crashes in MSFS. When MSFS crashes, the simconnect client also gives an error which might make it seem like LNM is causing the crash when it is actually the other way around.

Just my 2 cents.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

6 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

AFAIK Little navmap only reads information from MSFS, so I don't see how it can be the cause of crashes in MSFS. When MSFS crashes, the simconnect client also gives an error which might make it seem like LNM is causing the crash when it is actually the other way around.

Yes. It's mostly reading. But I also have to write some informtion into SimConnect and "tell them" what information should be sent to LNM.

What's also important to consider IMO:

1. LNM was doing fine with MSFS before the update arrived
  2. LNM did not change. MSFS was updated.
  3. FSX and P3D show no such issues
  4. They already had stutter issues with SimConnect in the beginning and fixed this with an update

Alex

Edited by albar965

I'm afraid, not only at bush trips...............

Since the patch, as soon as I click on display other traffic/ships in the connection menu, LNM crashes. Before it was running fine.

Greetings Uli

If I connect via network with LittleNavconnect its working fine including AI-Traffic. So it seems that it is an issue of the MS simconnect module.

Greetings Uli

I can reproduce this now with the bush trips only. No issues in normal flight. And it happens with both Navmap and Navconnect independent of all AI settings. No need to play around with this. I "zendesked" them. Will see.

The old FSX SP2 SimConnect used by LNM (for compatibility with all sims) should not be an issue. This is still good for P3D v5.1.

Alex

• Like 1

here is the reply a friendly user got and sent to me:

Apparently there's an issue with Simconnect across all platforms (not only Microsoft Flight Simulator).
We are currently investigating this issue. In the meantime, we would recommend to disable Simconnect.

Looks like we can get a fix with the next update.

Alex

• Like 1