Sign in to follow this  
Malc

ATC getting wrong..again

Being 13 miles from touchdown A320 NEO.  I am at 8.000 ft  and ATC DO NOT tell me to descend, so I miss the airport, even over the airport ATC is telling me to ascend back to 8,000 after I ignore the ATC instruction and descend for a go around. Now this has happened before so not just a one off. With the upgrade that I did today I was hoping this would not have happened.😝

Wrong again suggests they were getting right at some point? 😊

I don’t think I’ve had one successful flight with ATC I think we’re a long way off that still.

A really irritating feature with ATC is it giving me landing clearance for RWY 27 in a howling Easterly wind.  So annoying that the runway in use does not correspond with the wind direction.

I also had it deny me landing clearance this moring as the airport was IFR.  Of course it wasn't, visibility was clear and clouds were 2500 feet above ground level.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

2 hours ago, Carts85 said:

Wrong again suggests they were getting right at some point? 😊

I don’t think I’ve had one successful flight with ATC I think we’re a long way off that still.

Yes nine time out of ten it's good, so when it does not work I am left too high and it's annoying, so in the future I am going to descend at my discretion and switch ATC off.

I'll second ATC issues, and I've never experienced this one before.

Departing Milford NZ (horrible weather yesterday btw should've read the report first) NZMF headed to Queenstown NZQN.  VFR in flight planner but upon arriving in weather great for ruining aircraft interiors I filed IFR.  Once I hit around 3000 ft (circling to clear the fjord) I was ordered to 17k.  I climbed but in my newly purchased C182S that wasn't going to happen.  At around 10k I began my descent into NZQN and was berated to descend to 11k until touchdown despite the fact that I'd been in touch with NZQN and had already been given landing instructions.  Definitely an issue I will file today.

Edited by badgenes
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Malc said:

Being 13 miles from touchdown A320 NEO.  I am at 8.000 ft  and ATC DO NOT tell me to descend, so I miss the airport, even over the airport ATC is telling me to ascend back to 8,000 after I ignore the ATC instruction and descend for a go around. Now this has happened before so not just a one off. With the upgrade that I did today I was hoping this would not have happened.😝

If they have cleared you for the ILS, I believe you can descend on your own as per the ILS chart.  Someone can correct me. I've been doing this and neve NOT heard ATC to say, you are below such and such altitude climb backto such and such.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yes but ATC were telling me to ascend to 7,000 even though I was about ten miles from touchdown. Since then I have taken off and landed a number of times with no problem. Thanks for you response Manny.

Once an ILS clearance has been issued, descent is at pilot´s discretion. (It is expected it adheres to the glide path).

• Like 1