Sign in to follow this  
Britjet

Live weather turbulence causing motion sickness

I have a Reverb G2 and I’m finding that for longer flights I have to switch off Live weather due to the frequent bumps and jolts causing motion sickness.

It would be a good idea if Asobo would give the ability to delete the winds while still enjoying the real weather clouds etc..

Actually what they need - and something I put in the Official Wish List long ago - is for a "Cockpit Vibration/Smoothing" Option, Racing Sims have it and it's called (amongst other things) "Lock To Horizon" whereby the players VR "Head" remains still so that immense vibrations and bumps from the roads surface are numbed down dramatically. The same similar effect can be applied to Flight Sims like this where Turbulence can cause Nausea, something like this is obvious that it should've been included from the First Patch but it is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

"Live weather turbulence causing motion sickness"  this sounds very realistic 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In RW you (eyes etc) move with the view - in VR you don’t - hence the effect.

Quite nauseating for some..

On 12/24/2020 at 11:41 AM, Britjet said:

I have a Reverb G2 and I’m finding that for longer flights I have to switch off Live weather due to the frequent bumps and jolts causing motion sickness.

It would be a good idea if Asobo would give the ability to delete the winds while still enjoying the real weather clouds etc..

Excactly!  Just experienced the same and switched to clear sky.  But MAN what an experience!  Just had a fantastic flight in New Zealand! 

It's like the "headroll due to G-force" effect in combat flightsims. Glad i can that turn that one off although there are people who want that option removed because it is not realistic when not enabled.

Problem is that your brain does not compensate for what you see because it doesn't feel what should be felt.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

On 12/24/2020 at 11:53 AM, MarcG said:

Actually what they need - and something I put in the Official Wish List long ago - is for a "Cockpit Vibration/Smoothing" Option, Racing Sims have it and it's called (amongst other things) "Lock To Horizon" whereby the players VR "Head" remains still so that immense vibrations and bumps from the roads surface are numbed down dramatically. The same similar effect can be applied to Flight Sims like this where Turbulence can cause Nausea, something like this is obvious that it should've been included from the First Patch but it is what it is.

Still didn't happen... just had a VR flight in the Cessna 152 with quite some heavy turbulence, not really got motion sickness but the aircraft moving up and down around the viewpoint is not what it should be. 

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

2 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Still didn't happen... just had a VR flight in the Cessna 152 with quite some heavy turbulence, not really got motion sickness but the aircraft moving up and down around the viewpoint is not what it should be. 

Yep as we've seen in the two+ years since VR integration they don't care enough about it to make improvements, the bare minimum is all they do and at times it's not even that unfortunately.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

when I'm a passenger in a car, within just a minute or two of me reading a book or map etc. I end up feeling pretty nauseous. Another family member can read a book/map/phone endlessly as a passenger, even on rough or windy roads and be totally fine.

However, in VR, I'm generally okay when car racing and flying aircraft, but the same family member above is sick almost immediately. Quite strange how it all works.

Edited by dogmanbird
  • Like 1