Sign in to follow this  

Blast from the past

Hey all,Wow what a thread1Everyone take a step back. all i was pointing out was every time a new sim comes out it's planted with the "resource hog" and "dog slow" rubber stamps. I just find it kind of amusing that the chorus of those saying that FS-9 with all the add-ons runs better thatn FSX. I have to wonder how many of the same were screaming about how FS-9 was a porker when it was released.as far as the add-ons now is better. the LDS team has stated they are commited to releasing a 767 and a 757 for FSX. I mean as great as the FS-9 767 was I'm really stoaked at the promis of a LDS767 built for FSX. Not just a LDS767 made compatable. sure compatable is great for now. But a add-on build for all the stuff under the hood of FSX that we don't see. SWEET! From the stock pits of FS-9 not to mention FS-98 to wully operational FMCs #### that great. What next? Who knows but the fuuture is bright. As for the LDS or PSS products being FPS killers I don't think so. These developers are pros and they've shown it. they know what they have to do and will release a FPS friendy product.I come from the Janes F/A-18 and Falcon 4.0 camp,talk about FPS killers. Falcon has evolved but it still eats systems and new pilots. Take it from me MSFS has come a long way and FSX will be just fine.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

See what i mean? *sigh*Btw, those patches fixed bugs but added zero performance. I remember them well and remember the disappointment over them with fellow simmers. I never said MS didn't release patches, or maybe i did and it wasn't clear for you. What i meant was that the patches never improved performance to any meaningful extent. This is all i will say about this as the attacks are getting too out of control around here.

>That's why I laugh when I read someone say that there will be>a performance patch released. Guess there is going to be a perf patch after all:http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/default.aspxRhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

There will be both, a service release to address a range of issues as well as the DX10 update release.

I need to take time to reply to this in blog posting, because there are indeed a set of features in DX10 to improve performance as well as enable new visual features. Its going to take a week or so to get there, but I will do so and announce it here.

Guest FxF3

Is somebody telling you to wait for ACES to give us info attacking to you."See what i mean? *sigh*"Oh looks like ACES has come though just like they said they would.

Guest FALC

>>Just as fsx will. I'm not sure why people keep spewing this>>'things will be better when the patch arrives' nonsense.>There>>will be no patch just as there was no patch for fs2k and its>>performance issues. >>Well, come mid next year, I guarantee that one FSX "group">will be able to tell the other "We told you so"! :-) Dont forget to add that is after one group spends $1500.00-$2000.00 tomake a $50.00 game run properly.

Guest FALC

>It runs mostly decent for me too as long as I'm not in a>city. I still say there will be no patch. Call it a hunch>based on past experience. :)>DX10 patch is all there will be because they ARE obligated to>release that one. A performance patch will never come and by>performance patch I don't mean something that removes options>to make it seem like performance has increased. A performance>patch must be something that optimizes the code AS IS to run>MUCH more efficiently. This will never come I'm sorry to say.>If by the off chance they do release a patch that increases>frame rates by a minimum of 50% where they need to be then I>will eat my humble pie and beg forgiveness from the avsim>crowd. I'm not too worried about that happening though based>on sales figures and past experience. :)I always chuckle at this one. You hear it so often. "It run greatfor me as long as Im not in a city" Well thats great, it does forme too. But I dont wanna be flying some bush plane landing onLake Wakamaka in Northen Nebraska all the time. So for me itruns like cr*p or at best **barely** acceptable. But I use thisthing for fun if I wanna to fly GA and look at the pretty treesoh yeah and the desert scenery in Northern Michigan :-). For serioussimming, its FS9, and will be for a long time.Ok everyone all together now .... "go back to FS9 and stay there" ;-)

Guest FALC

>-------------------------------------------------------------------->^This may have something to do with MSFS not knowing what a>video card is...Maybe you should have got yourself a 5.6ghz>Quad, triple stacked, super HT , nuclear powered processesor.>:-) :-) I got one of those... It still runs like cr*p :-) :-)

>I always chuckle at this one. You hear it so often. "It run>great>for me as long as Im not in a city" Well thats great, it does>for>me too. But I dont wanna be flying some bush plane landing on>Lake Wakamaka in Northen Nebraska all the time. So for me it>runs like cr*p or at best **barely** acceptable. But I use>this>thing for fun if I wanna to fly GA and look at the pretty>trees>oh yeah and the desert scenery in Northern Michigan :-). For>serious>simming, its FS9, and will be for a long time.>But...........Cities are the places that FSX can look great! Just get rid of that cartoonish auto-gen by turning auto-gen off, then enjoy the realistic looking photo-type city textures in stunning clarity, and a good fps rise at the same time! FS9 has it's place, but decending over cartoon look alike houses with mushy textures underneath, isn't exactly what I call eye pleasing, after the FSx high res experience! :-hahYes, I chuckle myself when someone thinks FS9 auto-gen subdivisions look cool! I'll still use FS9 for that "busy airport" experience with full auto-gen, while knowing how backwards the sim looks, as I make the final descent over all those three dimensional rectangular boxes strewn along mushy ribbons of low resolution black, browns, and grey. YUK! :7 L.Adamson

Try a flight out KLAX towards the eastern foothills. As someone who uses FSX rather frequently, I'm not surprised that the images provided by the much higher resolution textures in FSX are stunning compared to FS9. FS9 really is dismal in comparison to the panaramic high res mountain/city views brought to us in FSX!Try some exceptional city/mountain combo's in FSX such as Seattle, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Los Angeles. FSX looks fantastic in these areas, especially with "auto-gen" sudivisions turned "off".edit: unfortunately, reducing to 800*600 takes a lot away, from the clarity I see with a moving picture on my 21" monitor at 1600*1200*32. Oh well.. :)

Phil,I am glad to see you noticed this little thread.I brought this thread back to the top, so that you and others would see it. I remembered Astrodave's comments well from the other day, and couldn't help but bring it out that there will in fact be a patch before the DX10 one.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Astrodave indeed ;) Like I said before: a performance patch must NOT be something that removes or edits existing visual features to improve frame rates. That is what I would call pulling the wool over the consumer's eyes, or as some have said "peeing down my back and telling me it's raining". My question is that if a performance upgrade were possible to the engine then why wasn't the process started back in June when you guys knew how poorly the game ran so that it would be in the final release? Phil, if there is indeed a real patch being developed then I will be a happy guy as we all will. It would be the first time that this has happened in the history of flight sim though. Granted there have been patches for previous versions, but none of those patches added any real noticeable performance for me or anyone that I know. Thanks for keeping us all apprised. We all do appreciate your customer support. you would be very surprised at the patience of a consumer if they know that the developer is approachable and can be actively communicated with to work on solving a problem. Kudos to you guys for that.

>Astrodave indeed ;) Weren't you supposed to be practicing something with eggs in front of a mirror for something? ;)You are right though, if this performance patch is nothing more than reducing features, to get better performance, then it's not as valuable.Still, the very fact that there is interaction and accessibility is a positive thing.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett