Sign in to follow this  
Grup

Paro, Bhutan

Guys,

would anyone know if there is a P3Dv5 version of Paro (VQPR). I have the FSDG v4 version and it’s good. Have moved onto v5 since and it doesn’t transfer unfortunately.

Many thanks.

FSDG has a nice version for Paro that I’m pretty sure is v5 compatible. Just need to install the right version.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

FSDG is NOT officially compatible with v5 - I asked.  They said a major update (not sure if update is free or not) is in the making.

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Thanks everyone. Paro seems to be one of the few (perhaps the only) of the FSDG sceneries that isn’t v5 compatible at present. Good to hear they are working on a version. Thanks Dreamflight.

1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

FSDG is NOT officially compatible with v5 - I asked.  They said a major update (not sure if update is free or not) is in the making.

Ah I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up. To be frnak, it is one of the FSDG sceneries that I did not reinstall in v5, as I hardly ever used it...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I never hear much news about them.  I do really like their work.  I hope the new version is out soon.  I didn't (bother) to ask a timeframe.  

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

i own the fsdg version and it runs well in v5, you have to ensure, that the ALT bgl file is in world scenery folder.

best regards oliver

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ideoplastic said:

FSDG Paro working with no discernable issues in P3Dv5.1+H

https://flic.kr/p/2kodiFA

That is good to know.

I remember reading somewhere that if you install add-ons that aren't necessarily built for your sim version, it can cause CTD.  So, I always have reservations.   

Aaron Ortega

Thanks All.

Oliver, would you mind telling me exactly where I find the ALT bgl file mentioned. Am not so good with computer file architecture! Once located, do I simply copy it and paste it into the world scenery v5 folder (wherever that is!)?

Ben, worth persevering with Paro as it’s good fun. You probably know already that you’ll never land off the RNAV 15 with the 320 unless you disconnect the AP by PR816, fully configured, while increasing to around 170kts (going below the profile in VMC) while selecting full speed brakes. Am assuming you’re a Bus driver? I’m no doubt telling granny how to suck eggs here but you don’t get full spoilers with the 320 unless you disconnect  the AP - with the 321, you do). Basically, the technique for the approach is to use increased speed to lose height, but keep the speedbrakes out until as late as sensibly possible to avoid ending up with too much energy on short finals.

Guys, if you think I can get this going in v5 at no further expense and with no CTDs, I’ll give it a go. Any concerns and I’ll hold fire until I’ve heard from FSDG.

Thanks Guys.

Quick update for those interested. Although it is labelled as a v4 product, Paro works perfectly in v5.

I spoke to Thorsten at FSDG today (very helpful guy) and he advised to simply copy the whole Paro v4 scenery folder in P3Dv4 Add-ons and paste it into P3Dv5 Add-ons. 

So, for those like me who are less familiar with this stuff: 

C Drive/Users/Name/Documents/P3Dv4 Add-ons/FSDG Paro

A fully updated version for v4 & 5 will be released later in the year. It will apparently reflect taxiway changes and the new terminal so will be chargeable.

In V5 I used to get a major STUTTER just before you get to the runway threshold   ...however I've just reinstalled it again for another try and it seems to work fine....hip hip hooray.

Edited by knowlep
confirmation

On 1/2/2021 at 4:27 AM, airbusa said:

i own the fsdg version and it runs well in v5, you have to ensure, that the ALT bgl file is in world scenery folder.

best regards oliver

I have the FSDG Paro X installed in FSX and also in P3Dv4 sims. The ALT file was installed only for FSX sim. P3Dv4 doesn't have that ALT file placed. Both simulators working just fine. I did copy/paste the Paro folder from P3Dv4 to P3Dv5 and working as a gem; no ALT file was needed.

Anyway, I wait the Paro Installer for P3Dv5 to find updates.

Patricio Valdes 

Patricio Valdes

I am looking at Paro airport scenery for MSFS2020. I can't find it yet.

Patricio Valdes

Patricio Valdes