Sign in to follow this  
bszuch

Please Asobo - Map Taxi Assist to a key / button

This is literally the only thing that absolutely breaks the emersion factor on most flights is having to pause and head into the menus to toggle this briefly at larger airports.

Not everything new is better.  FSX, P3D had this right....  Just make it assignable already!   Love the VR experience otherwise.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

True!  There are a few things that could do with a key assignment along with this, such as advance or retard of the time of day (like the XPlane keys), and toggle removal of instruments in the outside view (although there is a community mod for that now).

Have you tried posting over at the official forum?  As they are supposed to read that, and items can be voted for.  Although they already have an absolute shed load on the backlog list at the moment.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

32 minutes ago, bszuch said:

This is literally the only thing that absolutely breaks the emersion factor on most flights is having to pause and head into the menus to toggle this briefly at larger airports.

Not everything new is better.  FSX, P3D had this right....  Just make it assignable already!   Love the VR experience otherwise.

Agreed! It was so easy to switch taxi assist on/off in the previous sims. 

Asobo needs to fix this!

If you can't afford a navigraph subscription there's many other ways to find your way through the airport without turning on the immersion breaking taxi assist.
Little navmap and Airmate are two examples, I'm sure there's more

Yes, I'm aware of the outside aids.  (I use Airnav) but when in VR (and at airports with random assigned taxiway designations at that) being able to flash on the taxi arrows for a second without the diving through menus seems like such an obvious thing, that I don't know how they decided that planting it two menus deep was at all favorable, especially with the earlier sims that got it right.

On 1/5/2021 at 2:16 PM, bszuch said:

I agree and posted on the MSFS forum very quickly post release.  However, all I do now which is really totally fine and therefore requires no pausing, is just zoom in on the G3000 glass map in the TBM930, or on rare occasion, open up the VFR map as a last resort, and you can quite easily see where you need to taxi.  I'd have to say 'immersion' is better w/ this method versus opening up a taxi ribbon if that is what you are referring to.  You couldn't do this as well in P3D, but you can in MSFS.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Absolutely.....why are the blue arrows so big and unsubtle? Why the blue box?
...at the moment I have time but usually I don't have enough to tinker with third party solutions, work arounds and extra hardware.

The sim is so very immersive, otherwise beautiful......here's to the future🥂

Edited by GaryK

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52