Sign in to follow this  
Jsearl98

RAAS Master Switch Turning Off

When using a PMDG 777 in FSX, the RAAS switches itself off.  I have made sure that RAAS is selected as fitted in the Aircraft Equipment options.  It has worked since I installed the aircraft a couple of years ago.  It started to behave like this before but suddenly corrected itself. I never got to the bottom of it.  I can switch it on, using the Add-Ons drop down, but it switches itself off again soon after.

Any help please?

Regrds

John Earl

John Earl

United Kingdom

Thanks. Note my comments in my first post: "When using a PMDG 777 in FSX, the RAAS switches itself off.  I have made sure that RAAS is selected as fitted in the Aircraft Equipment options."

Regards

John Earl

John Earl

United Kingdom

No.  I cannot run mkerwys now.  It says failed to make .... files!

I am running WIN7 64bit.

Regards

John Earl

John Earl

United Kingdom

Installed latest version of RAAS,

Ran MKERWYS

Checked RAAS is selected as fitted in PMDG equipment options

On start up RAAS Master Switch is not selected as on.

After selecting RAAS Master Switch as ON - and saving profile, does not remain as selected on.

Regards

John Earl

John Earl

United Kingdom

From another user:

Hey Bryan, just wanted to add to the thread here and hopefully help out. I had a couple problem that I solved after reading some threads abroad and here as well, I have seemed to have solved my problem;

• Problem #1; RAAS Master Switch (on/off) would not remain checked,

• Solution #1; I learned that RAAS must be activated in BOTH the PMDG configuration manager and within EACH aircraft livery in my fleet. From the FMC main menu (MENU > PMDG SETUP > AIRCRAFT > EQUIPMENT > Page 6/13)

• Problem #2; RAAS Master Volume Slider would consistently "slide" full left (turn completely down) after about 50-60 seconds.

• Solution #2; I read every message within this thread most of which all I had done with one exception (I didn't do a system reboot or a re-install of PMDG 777)........The master volume within the FMC was at 50%, in addition, I have the computer/system volume around 25% (I'm running Realtek HD Audio Manager plugged into a Logitech stereo 2.1 but it's quite loud which is why I had the volume lowered). I maxed out the volume setting in both the FMC, and the computer system master volume and now control the volume with the rolling wheel. I also notice that the PMDG 777 "Polls/updates" every 50-60 seconds to take what I think is a "snapshot" of the aircraft settings and makes adjustments based on the FMC inputs, which explains why the volume would leap back to zero after 50-60 seconds. So no matter how many times you save and exit, the FMC will win  :mad:. The slider does not go completely to the right now but its within the upper 75%. I am by no means a "computer guy" I just love this hobby. Hopefully this will help out.  B)

•  

Thanks again. Problem 1 is exactly the problem I have.  I am not sure what is meant by the PMDG configuration manager.  As far as I am aware the only means of configuration is via the FMC.  I have found a option in the FAILURES menu to "fail" the RAAS but I have made sure this is inactive.  Other than that, I cant see any other means of "configuring" the aircraft.

I have tried to assign the 777 profile to the aircraft and "closed and saved".  However when I return, the profile has reverted to "stock".

Regards

John Earl

John Earl

United Kingdom

I don't have the old FSX 777 installed but check for a volume option in the FMC.  I believe one may be there,

Make sure the volume slider is not set to 0 as I recall that could also disable Raas.

Failing that try a clean install of the 777 aircraft.

Sorry to reply to a year-old topic ... but I figured I would share my experience (and solution) with this exact same (or at least, similar) issue in the hope it might help someone else who may find this thread in the future.

When I first installed the PMDG 777, I created and linked a RAAS profile for it.  I only did one aircraft model, not all of them.  I wanted to test it first.

To test it, I moved the aircraft close to a runway and expected to hear RAAS telling me that it was "Approaching 5 left".  It didn't.  Instead, I noticed that the Master switch in RAAS had turned off, and, from memory, the volume slider was also at 0.

After many re-saves, re-attempts and frustration with this, I discovered that the RAAS profile for my 777 was actually set up correctly and did work after all.  I found that the aircraft needed to be fully powered up and prepped, as if you were at the stand ready for pushback and taxi.  Once the aicraft was fully powered up, RAAS worked fine.  If the aircraft was anything less than fully powered up, the RAAS Master switch would turn itself off as soon as you closed the RAAS screen, or moved the aircraft.

Once I discovered this, I was able to test my profile for the 777 and then add it successfully to the rest of the 777 models.

Well, that was my experience anyway. Yours may differ. But this experience is worth mentioning here in case it helps someone else looking at this thread in the future.

Edited by freddy_

Regards,

Freddy