Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

FSDT LOUSIVILLE Released!

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

I haven't read the hole thread, but can you confirm that the Marketplace version will be encrypted making it impossible to edit the AFCAD?

That's valid for every scenery sold in the MS Marketplace.

Just now, virtuali said:

That's valid for every scenery sold in the MS Marketplace.

That's what I thought. I know it has nothing to do with FSDT.

My biggest concern is maintaining accurate AFCADs. As you know, things change, and developers don't have the time to make changes to AFCAD's every time a new airline comes online or one goes away.

Do you know if an updated AFCAD in the community folder will override the encrypted AFCAD in a similar manner to how an updated AFCAD in FSX/P3D overrides the default AFCAD?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

14 hours ago, virtuali said:

And how, exactly, what I wrote in that email is any different that what I wrote in public ?

It's obviously telling exactly the same thing: even if you decided not to buy the Download Protection from Digital River we'll always let you download the installer,  that EXACTLY what that email is saying in the last two lines of the email:

What's not so clear about this ? How, exactly, you could possibly understand this in any other way that is precisely what I said "in public" which is that, regardless if you bought the Download protection or not, you WILL be allowed to get the installer ?

If anything, this email should have been posted as proof we stand behind what we say "in public"...

But let's see what's REALLY happened with you, shall we ?

You sent that email on January 17th, asking to download the Zurich installer, to which I replied to the one you posted on the next day, and YOU replied with this:

Obviously, I've uploaded the setup exe right away, and IT'S STILL THERE on your Dropbox shared folder, this is a screenshot taken from YOUR link just now!

zurich_installer_dropbox.jpg

My point is you took a very poor tone with me insisting that I was wrong for not purchasing download protection, even though you say yourself not to purchase it. You say that sending me the installer is an "exception". I would not call your response "no questions asked."

It's not a good look, nor is your angry SHOUTING tone when confronted with the truth.

Shame on you.

3 hours ago, Chalm said:

My point is you took a very poor tone with me You say that sending me the installer is an "exception".

I don't know what you are trying to say with "poor tone", that's a standard email which is sent to everybody that lost his download link, to:

- first explain why their download link has expired.

- provide with instruction how to get it.

insisting that I was wrong for not purchasing download protection, even though you say yourself not to purchase it.

I understand you are now trying to find something in that email which indicates some kind of contradiction between what I said in public and what is written there but, I'm afraid you won't find it.

Nowhere in that email says you were "wrong" to not purchase the download link!

It says that, since you surely decided to not purchase it ( and it was a conscious decision, because it's enabled by default ), it should have been your responsibility to make a backup!  And guess what, we do suggest to make a backup, right in the purchase receipt which contains your activation key, it says something like

"since this product doesn't come with an installer that can be freely downloaded, we strongly suggest to make a backup, because the download link will expire"

So no, nobody told you you were wrong not to purchase the download protection ( the one we suggest NOT to buy ), but you should have made a backup, the one we DO strongly suggest to do.

And that's also why I'm saying sending you the installer is an "exception", because your case should be the exception, not the standard. The standard should be the user who rightly decided not to purchase the Download Protection SHOULD have made his backup INSTEAD, like we asked to.

The email says "exception", because we hope you will do a backup this time: what if everybody just ignored the backup "because FSDT said they will always send me the installer". Yes, sure, we'll do our best to do that, but a bit of effort on your part wouldn't hurt as well, it's not as if I'm asking something out of this world: do you think expecting to make a backup is such an unreasonable request ?

What if *every* user reasoned like you, feeling the right to ignore a sane backup strategy, and clogged support with potentially hundreds of emails each day, each one demanding to be sent their download link over and over ? It will only make support worse for everybody, that's why I tried to make it clear this procedure should be seen as a last resort ( an "exception" ), not a replacement for something every user should learn to do: backup his files.

Really, with all the various cloud services available, there's really no excuse not to do that. I always suggest a cloud backup because yes, backup hard drives can fail too...

It's not a good look, nor is your angry SHOUTING tone when confronted with the truth.

The "truth" ? Really ?

You distorted the truth, and basically called me a liar, as if I promised to get people access to their download link without purchasing the download protection in public, yet failing to do that in private. 

That's not the truth, the truth was exactly the opposite of what you wrote and it's you got your download link, even if you haven't bought the download protection AND you failed to do a backup, and it's exactly what has been promised.

Edited by virtuali

3 hours ago, Chalm said:

My point is you took a very poor tone with me insisting that I was wrong for not purchasing download protection, even though you say yourself not to purchase it. You say that sending me the installer is an "exception". I would not call your response "no questions asked."

Shame on you.

LOL....you honestly crack me up! 🤣

Dude, get a grip, you're wrong, in every conceivable way in this silly issue you elected to bring to this forum....when @virtuali went way above and beyond with his obligation for your inability and ineptness to keep track of your own download.

This thread was not created so you could make yourself look like a whining child, even if you were whining about how you misplaced your Louisville scenery, which is what this thread is about by the way.  You're talking about Zurich, which you misplaced and then started attacking Umberto when the posts clearly show he sent you the installer...AGAIN, despite the fact he had no obligation to do so... other than to provide exceptional customer support. 

My suggestion is you say "Thank you Umberto", and if you have a personal issue again with his company, deal with it in private....bringing it here for him to clearly call out how wrong you are....well....You should have said that "Shame on you" while looking in the mirror. 🙄  We're all just going to laugh at you if you insist you're arguments are valid here.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg