Sign in to follow this  
Spit40

Electronic Flight Bag for VR (WIP)

I'm making some progress on a feature I've been after for a while. It needs a bit more work but I think you get the idea. Based on this excellent project. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/re-release-extra-toolbar-buttons-windows-template/349316

Edited by Spit40
  • Like 10

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Looking great!

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

Thanks. Now got each image filling the full window area with zoom and drag scroll working with mouse. Just images so far. PDFs and TXT need a slightly different approach, but both could be saved to JPG as a stop gap.

Edited by Spit40
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

This is great!! Well done.

Are you able to share this? Been looking for the same thing myself. I have littlenavmap working but still need a way to view charts.

Thanks in advance!

Are you able to share this? Been looking for the same thing myself. I have littlenavmap working but still need a way to view charts without having to pin a window in WMR.

Thanks in advance!

45 minutes ago, booms_sys said:

Are you able to share this? Been looking for the same thing myself. I have littlenavmap working but still need a way to view charts without having to pin a window in WMR.

Thanks in advance!

I made more progress today. It basically works like a web page which is an environment I'm used to. I've now got PDFs, TXT files and JPGs working wth zoom and drag. I've done the latest development in a normal web browser and will test in-sim tomorrow. If all good I'll release it tomorrow.

• Like 2

atk-logo-354.jpg

13 minutes ago, Spit40 said:

I made more progress today. It basically works like a web page which is an environment I'm used to. I've now got PDFs, TXT files and JPGs working wth zoom and drag. I've done the latest development in a normal web browser and will test in-sim tomorrow. If all good I'll release it tomorrow.

That's amazing, can't wait to try it 🙂

wow this is great thank you

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Sorry guys, it's going to take a little bit longer. The MSFS viewer can't view PDFs directly, so I'm making a little pre-process BAT file that uses https://www.ghostscript.com/ to convert any PDFs into JPG images that MSFS can view. The process would be.

1) Stick all your JPGs, TXTs and PDFs into a folder "ebag" that you place somewhere

2) Click a "prepare_images" BAT file to convert the PDFs to JPGs

So, not too fiddly. There will be a download to go into the Community area to set up the tab and it will read from the ebag folder. My viewer will let you step through the PDF pages now as images with a next/last button thing as well as zoom in/out and drag scroll.

atk-logo-354.jpg

Is it possible to have a window that is just a webpage so can view navigraph charts for example? Otherwise have to import a window from WMR and tab between them. Thanks

Yes you can view a webpage but if the webpage returns a PDF then it won't cope with the PDF

atk-logo-354.jpg

EBAG V1

Anybody want to beta test it before I upload it somewhere appropriate? https://authentikit.org/msfs/ebag_v1.zip

Screen recorded in 2D, but works in VR. Icons a little small for my taste in VR - just trying to work out a better sizing logic. I think I also need a rotate feature. Any more requests?

Edited by Spit40

atk-logo-354.jpg

Thanks @Spit40 I will give this a try in VR! Are you able to a blank page/notepad to be able to make notes (vatsim in VR)?

49 minutes ago, booms_sys said:

Thanks @Spit40 I will give this a try in VR! Are you able to a blank page/notepad to be able to make notes (vatsim in VR)?

I included some demo files to show what is possible. I think you'll have what yoiu need.

atk-logo-354.jpg