Sign in to follow this  
Spit40

Electronic Flight Bag for VR (WIP)

On 4/6/2021 at 2:23 PM, Spit40 said:

Thanks. I'll update my version on flightsim.to now

I can confirm that the new version also addressed my issue, and it is working for me now.  Thanks for putting this together!

• Upvote 1

Hi Guys. I love the sound of this Mod, But I am getting the impression that you have to know something about coding or am I just missing the plot. I have put ebag_v3 in MSFS Addons Linker and ebag_images in My Documents. Then the rest of the readme's go straight over my head. Are there any walk through's anywhere?

16 hours ago, Paulcoy said:

Hi Guys. I love the sound of this Mod, But I am getting the impression that you have to know something about coding or am I just missing the plot. I have put ebag_v3 in MSFS Addons Linker and ebag_images in My Documents. Then the rest of the readme's go straight over my head. Are there any walk through's anywhere?

When you say the readme's do you mean the file install_and_how_to_use.txt ? The one that has this in it.

Electronic Flight Bag (ebag)
----

Contents of zip
---
There are two subfolders in this zip.

1) ebag
2) ebag_images

Installation
----
Move the folder ebag into the MSFS community subfolder
Move the ebag_images folder under My Documents or somewhere of your choice

Running
----
As a one off task you need to start the local web server which will serve images that MSFS can retrieve. Do this by clicking start_ebag_server.bat each time you start your PC. If you know what you're doing you can have it autostart on windows load.

Ebag can display any of the following file types in the ebag tab window
PDFs like approach plates
JPG images, so you can screenshot stuff
TXT files, so you can include your own notes

All the images you want to display should be put in the subdirectory ebag_images\ebag AND every time you change the contents of those images you need to click click_me_to_prepare.bat

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Yes I mean just like that one 🥴 I saw the readme in ebag_images, but not in ebag_ v3 sorry about that

Great idea but I'm getting something weird when I use it.  

Each time I [left click mouse] to run the 'Start_ebag_server.bat'  I hear the Windows error chime.  Although installed according to your instructions, the  >> 'Start_ebag_server.bat' <<  file containing code:  >>   'start /d "%cd%\code\" tiny.exe "%cd%\''   << does not actually start >> 'tiny.exe' << program.    Neither does it show in the Processes list of the Task Manager.  So all I get is an empty EBAG window.

I also have [Little Navmap] & [Navigraph Charts] in the Community Folder.  Could that be causing a conflict?

If I [right click mouse]  'Start_ebag_server.bat' to 'Run as administrator' I get two things:

1.  Windows command prompt black box pointing to c:\windows/system32  looking for \code\tiny.exe in that folder. and 

2. the following error Dialogue:

Tiny.exe

X  Windows cannot find 'tiny.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

[  OK  ]

Help please . . .

Edited by ibomiles
Clarify

3 hours ago, ibomiles said:

Great idea but I'm getting something weird when I use it.  

Each time I [left click mouse] to run the 'Start_ebag_server.bat'  I hear the Windows error chime.  Although installed according to your instructions, the  >> 'Start_ebag_server.bat' <<  file containing code:  >>   'start /d "%cd%\code\" tiny.exe "%cd%\''   << does not actually start >> 'tiny.exe' << program.    Neither does it show in the Processes list of the Task Manager.  So all I get is an empty EBAG window.

I also have [Little Navmap] & [Navigraph Charts] in the Community Folder.  Could that be causing a conflict?

If I [right click mouse]  'Start_ebag_server.bat' to 'Run as administrator' I get two things:

1.  Windows command prompt black box pointing to c:\windows/system32  looking for \code\tiny.exe in that folder. and 

2. the following error Dialogue:

Tiny.exe

X  Windows cannot find 'tiny.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

[  OK  ]

Help please . . .

Where did you copy the ebag folder to? I'll have to check if mine still works - must confess I haven't used it months though. 

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

2 hours ago, Spit40 said:

Tiny.exe

I had the same error yesterday when I tried to use it for the first time in months. I downloaded it again from flightsim.to and all was good.  Just make sure to follow the instructions. 

Followed to the letter many  many many many times and still zip!!

Instructions are very clear and simple.  Its a no brainer but . . . . . .zip!!

I have another unrelated issue where the MSFS2020 is visible in VR only . . ugh!!  I wonder of these problems are somehow related.

As mentioned above, I also have [Little Navmap] & [Navigraph Charts] in the Community Folder and working properly.  Could that be causing a conflict?

Edited by ibomiles

No luck for me..  The start_ebag_server.bat file with   start /d "%cd%\code\" tiny.exe "%cd%\"  produces the windows error chime and 'tiny.exe' does not load/show in the Task Manager under 'Processes'.

It use to work nicely but something happened and it stopped.

I have two pcs.  It works fine on my other 'WIN10 pc' but not my 'main sim pc'

I have a systems glitch but I don't know what or where it is.

Edited by ibomiles
Clarify

[RESOLVED]  I don't know how but, MSFS2020 ATC WINDOW is now visible in both VR & 2D. 

Edited by ibomiles

Not working for me, the ebag window is always empty.

The error_log always returns:

Probable reason is that another daemon is already running on the same port (80).
[24/Nov/2021:07:18:24 -0000] Failed to bind the socket, port #80, address=0.0.0.0, error #50.

ebag folder is in \Commmunity\ folder

ebag_images folder is in C:\Users\Dad\Documents\ folder with images.

Tried the prepare bat but all images are already .jpg

Edited by klem
Typos