Sign in to follow this  
Spit40

Electronic Flight Bag for VR (WIP)

There is another post how to put a window into FS. With the Rift it there is some kind of overlay tool, which I have to rediscover.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

.(sorry)

Edited by Rene_Feijen

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

@Spit40,

I installed your Electronic Flight Bag for VR amd was getting a CTD so cleaned out my Community folder and started with just your program and all was well.

I found that when I had christian1984-ingamepanel-vfrmapforvr also installed I got the CTD.

The fact that I need to have a way to view text and PDF files in the VR cockpit means I will be keeping yours but is there a way for these both to get along?

On X-Plane I use AviTab which does both functions and so much more so it will be interesting how all this will work out in the end.

Thanks Bill

Edited by sparker256

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

16 hours ago, sparker256 said:

@Spit40,

I installed your Electronic Flight Bag for VR amd was getting a CTD so cleaned out my Community folder and started with just your program and all was well.

I found that when I had christian1984-ingamepanel-vfrmapforvr also installed I got the CTD.

The fact that I need to have a way to view text and PDF files in the VR cockpit means I will be keeping yours but is there a way for these both to get along?

On X-Plane I use AviTab which does both functions and so much more so it will be interesting how all this will work out in the end.

Thanks Bill

Hi Bill. The clever bit where it integrates with MSFS is beyond me actually. I just worked out that it could render a web page and connected at that level. Having said that some helpful techy has recompiled me a new version of EBAG under its own name and toolbar title. Perhaps this fresh version will co-exist. I haven't had chance to test it but hope to do so this weekend. I'll post here when I do.

Cheers

Phil

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Fixed the filenames with spaces bug. Possibly fixed the conflict with other apps bug but you guys will need to confirm for me.

• Like 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Hey thanks! I find your EFB quite usefull. Even more when the CRJ arrives to get the manuals into VR. Or the flightplan on the notepad. Great Job!

Btw, I found that it also works well without the ebag folder in Community. Just starting the server seems enough.

2 hours ago, Gerwil said:

Btw, I found that it also works well without the ebag folder in Community. Just starting the server seems enough.

How do you access the images without the toolbar in community?

atk-logo-354.jpg

2 hours ago, Spit40 said:

How do you access the images without the toolbar in community?

Good question, I have no idea. The toolbar (in MSFS) is just there. I remember I installed v1 of the ebag folder either in Community but most likely linked in my addon folder. Somehow this must have been deleted because I couldn't find it anymore to replace it with v2. Maybe MSFS kept the path to the images? It just works.

Edit: When I forget to start the server I get a blank notepad in the toolbar.

Edited by Gerwil

14 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

Good question, I have no idea. The toolbar (in MSFS) is just there. I remember I installed v1 of the ebag folder either in Community but most likely linked in my addon folder. Somehow this must have been deleted because I couldn't find it anymore to replace it with v2. Maybe MSFS kept the path to the images? It just works.

Edit: When I forget to start the server I get a blank notepad in the toolbar.

Yes that explains it, the old ebag toolbar will receive the images from the "new" server

atk-logo-354.jpg

Just did a quick test in 2d and had forgot to remove the old folder from Community so I had two. Removed the old one then restarted and all is well. Will be testing it in VR this morning and will let you know how it goes. I am currently just using the text display but have used the PDF part in the previous version and did work well.

Flight went well in VR using my HP Reverb G2 with my Valve Index controllers and EBAG performed as expected.

Thanks Bill

Edited by sparker256

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

I just wanted to report that using your latest version of EBAG I could also use christian1984-ingamepanel-vfrmapforvr with no conflicts.

Thanks Bill

• Upvote 1

Thanks, good to know its behaving itself.

atk-logo-354.jpg

The Sim update 3 has changed something with the fonts affecting EBAG.

I now cannot get the font size as small as before the update and when you re size the window it is like the redraw is not respecting the new size.

I also see VFR Map for VR has a similar issue.

Thanks Bill

I noticed the font issue as well for the vfr map.  I had to maximize the msfs window and resize the vfr map to get the smaller fonts.  Msfs in full screen also worked for me.