Sign in to follow this  
pgde

Fatal exception copying landing lights effects resource file

Simbol -- after running the update to 1.27, I am getting the following error: Fatal exception copying landing lights effects resource file: Object reference not set to an instance of an object and error 4567C, please contact support.

My Windows is full USA English. BTW, 1.25 worked perfectly!

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

11 hours ago, pgde said:

Simbol -- after running the update to 1.27, I am getting the following error: Fatal exception copying landing lights effects resource file: Object reference not set to an instance of an object and error 4567C, please contact support.

My Windows is full USA English. BTW, 1.25 worked perfectly!

Hi There,

I had reports with 1.25 and previous versions that the landing lights effect file was missing, so with 1.27 I added an extra check during copy operations with a custom error to tract this down.. so most likely with 1.25 you were having issues with landing lights but never saw the error. Now If you are getting this error it means AILRP is unable to copy an internal resource file to create the landing lights effects. 

Error 4567C is related to invalid license files, invalid product key or invalid activation code, so it is very posible your antivirus is blocking AILRP from copying the resource file and communicating with the license activation servers causing you these issues, please add all the executable's inside AILRP to your antivirus exclusion list and see if the error clears up.

If this fails send me a PM with your email so we can troubleshoot.

Regards,

S.

*Update*

Ok found the cause, Prepard3D.cfg file encoding is expected to be UCS-2-LE BOM and it appears when people are editing theirs manually using text files editors they are saving them back as ASCII or UTF-8. This caused an issue on my side.

I am now forced to detect the encoding of this file prior opening it since people are saving it using multiple tools and the original encoding format is getting lost..

This issue will be fixed shortly with version 1.28.

Regards,

Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, simbol said:

*Update*

Ok found the cause, Prepard3D.cfg file encoding is expected to be UCS-2-LE BOM and it appears when people are editing theirs manually using text files editors they are saving them back as ASCII or UTF-8. This caused an issue on my side.

I am now forced to detect the encoding of this file prior opening it since people are saving it using multiple tools and the original encoding format is getting lost..

This issue will be fixed shortly with version 1.28.

Regards,

Simbol

Amazing support from @simbol as usual 👍😄

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks Simbol -- just FYI I changed the encoding with Notepad++ and that was the problem. 1.27 loads fine now. Will update to 1.28 soon.

P.

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.