Sign in to follow this  
Malc

Love the flight Sim BUT !

Just now, pete_auau said:

think he  meant  you  failed  to  respond to  atc

oohps sorry,no I had the co -pilot on the radios and it still happened.

18 hours ago, DAD said:

Most if not all the topics you mention are bugging many of us. IFR cancellation happen e.g. when you do not set/confirm the asigned Squawk codes. Which also here sometimes happens if my co-pilot forgets to answer ATC and dial in the new code. In general ATC is buggy and I tend to fly (file at least) VFR only to avoid ATC interference and "do my own thing", works best when selecting the STAR and approach to the final RWY. As for the co-pilot, I never let him fly. There are know issues IMO even confirmed by Asobo. For me the other things (jetway, push back truck etc) are eye candy and usuallly I spawn on the rwy anyway to save me some time (I am one of those who still work full day and usually I start a flight while in home office and let the AP fly until I take over for landing)

Thanks for that Dad at least I now know it's not just me having these issues, I will now fly without being too concerned by these bugs

Thanks all for your responces, glad it was just not me who had some of these issues, not that it spoilt the experience I still think this is a great FS and in these days of house arrest passes the time in a very enjoyable way.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

n the early talks they said a lot of features were deliberately left out to provide room for aftermarket partners

I remember Neuman saying that. That was the lamest excuse from a project manager unable to deliver that I’ve ever heard 🤣 ! 

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

I remember Neuman saying that. That was the lamest excuse from a project manager unable to deliver that I’ve ever heard 🤣 ! 

Indeed.

It may have even been true but even if it was it was stupid to say so given how poor the third party support had been. Just made them look incompetent.

To be honest, in terms of the existing sim community,  Asobo would be better off keeping quiet and doing the normal dev thing of not interacting with the community at all as they are not very good at PR.  Even the regular cycle of world updates just creates expectations that are guaranteed to be unfulfilled. They would be better off springing updates on the community unannounced aside from the odd unfounded rumours the way a lot of hardware guys do it. 

They should have learnt a lesson from past PR disasters like Cliffs of Dover and No Mans Sky.  Both were released with serious issues that may have been acceptable if they had not previously raised community expectations to impossible levels by talking too much about all the wonderful things they hoped to achieve.  Asobo are doing the same thing they need to shut up and stop making videos and quietly chip away at the game.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Think many underestimate the difficulty of coding ATC properly.  Theres been ATC programs in the works for years even a little over a decade and still cant get it right in the other sims.  Its very mechanical. Some elements are implemented correctly but its still a program that follows linear commands and the charts to a T with little to no dynamic decisions.   You simply cant replicate human ATC that can see how traffic around the aerodrome is manifesting itself.  If theres very little traffic, expect a DTO and cut down that downwind leg in half for a tighter intercept to the ILS or final rwy.  Computer ATC will just have you do the whole STAR, then a very long downwind leg maybe even 20 miles out then turn base.  Its ridiculous. To bypass that you must ask for it. Maybe it will work maybe not.     We are a very very long way from getting proper programmed ATC from working properly.   Better to manage yourself, or better yet, get on Vatsim or the other online ATC networks.   The only fault there other than paid pilotedge is you may not always have an online person. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

4 hours ago, Malc said:

I only posted yesterday,not sure what you mean by I failed to respond

You need to respond to ATC instructions in the sim, otherwise your "IFR flight plan is cancelled".