Sign in to follow this  
Guest Langeveldt

MUST SEE. Grand Canyon geological survey in FSX.

Guest david W.

Excellent looking terrain. It must be awesome flying there.65 screenshots, but not a single spot view shot? (That's the F11 key)

I agree - this is just incredible!There must be a way to get this to the masses :)BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest Captain Behrentzs

Wow wow WOW!!! Amazing done!! Since FS2004 I have been waiting for a "really" Grand Canyon scenery! Will it be possible, please please, please, to release this to the public??????Btw, can u get a shot of KGCN???Again, amazing! PLEASE continue to post your darn great work here!! ---------------------------------------Kasper BehrentzsDenmarkhttp://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4853/bannerigifru8.gifALL NEWS FROM FSX COLLECTED AT ONE PLACE!MY SITE, http://www.xflightx.piczo.com

Breathtaking...awe-inspiring...incredible future...If someone cannot recognize the talent and forward-thinking ability of Christian by hiring this guy...what a tragedy. I PRAY for your discovery and opportunities Christian, this work is stunning.

Guest cbuchner1

You might be exaggerating a bit ;)I would be surprised if Microsoft had not already tried that same thing in their Microsoft research labs. Lots of exciting technology never makes it out of the lab because it is not yet considered ready for mainstream use.I think the part that shocks me is how little effort it requires to combine two existing technologies and come out with such an amazing result - on consumer hardware. Of course the products themselves (MS Flight Simulators) and satellite mapping are grand achievements for themselves. The first product contains about 20 years of programming, and the latter technology builds on the rocket science and progress in materials science and microelectronics devised since the 1930's.

Guest cbuchner1

Right, game design in general has become a field requiring broad knowledge in physics, modeling and of course programming skills. And it is typically a tough job driven by very strict deadlines.I wouldn't really call MS FSX a "game"- although the missions systems contains some gaming elements - but certainly no High Score roster... unless you call the number of successful landings a "high score" ;)

>You might be exaggerating a bit ;)>>I would be surprised if Microsoft had not already tried that>same thing in their Microsoft research labs. Lots of exciting>technology never makes it out of the lab because it is not yet>considered ready for mainstream use.>>I think the part that shocks me is how little effort it>requires to combine two existing technologies and come out>with such an amazing result - on consumer hardware. Of course>the products themselves (MS Flight Simulators) and satellite>mapping are grand achievements for themselves. The first>product contains about 20 years of programming, and the latter>technology builds on the rocket science and progress in>materials science and microelectronics devised since the>1930's.>I wouldn't be surprised. There may be just been a small "is this feasible within our current framework and timeline", a no comes back, and they don't even explore it.The best way to effect change is to actually be there, doing it.

Guest GA Flyer

This really should be the future of FS. I could only imagine combine FS with Virtual Earth and their 3d cities along with ground textures like this.Is it possible to run Google on one core of a duo core chip and FS on the other so that you get the most FPS and use of your CPU?Thanks for sharing what you've got.BTW you should pick up a pair of 3D glasses from the guys that make head tracker...That would probably blow your mind!Keep us posted. One last thing, I believe NBC or someone like that was irrate about YouTube when it had an SNL video on there but then realized how much it helped (exposure and saw areas to mass market) and now supports it. If money can be made, they (Google/MS) will be willing to talk.

Guest skruer

Just as your last post you have still hit the jackpot :)Do continue your work and maybe talk with a MS guy about it.Keep it up :)

Guest GA Flyer

It just hit me that this is only one season so perhaps a work around for using something like this would be if FS offered a fifth option in the seasons menu for photo real. Could that work (Just in theory)? Were we could have what we have in the sim now for ground textures with seasons and the option to fly using real textures out of season (like the textures in Google)?That way the real textures could be updated overtime and the default ones would always be there. Like two sims in one. Just out of the box thinking for the future of FS.

Guest wyoming

Your stuff might be used for a variety of ideas/products other than FS (e.g. "in-flight entertainment"). Maybe Google would be interested in developing such apps. I'd go directly to the big boss.

Guest cbuchner1

Imagining myself giving a slideshow presentation to the MS team using Apple's Keynote program on the Mac Mini that I brought in my carryon luggage...

>>>Imagining myself giving a slideshow presentation to the MS>team using Apple's Keynote program on the Mac Mini that I>brought in my carryon luggage...>>>>Heh... that wouldn't go over well. Using competitor's product to present your project. ;)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69