Sign in to follow this  
wildtomcat

4FlightSims - SkyElite MSFS 25% off

4FlightSims - SkyElite MSFS 25% off that is 5€ discount at aerosoft until Feb,28th as a support for this new product. 10min demo before registration.

Aerosoft: Skyelite 15€ + VAT

Youtube

Bought it for having G1000-style PFD/Map on older notebook

• Like 1

vpa558.png

Same here, bought it, too. Be aware, the demo only works once for 10 min, afterwards you have to reinstall it to get another 10 min. So, if you check the box "Run Now" after installation and confirm the demo mode (usually without running the sim), this one time is already over.

No need to uninstall though, just run the installer again and uncheck the box, start the sim and run SkyElite then. (I put it into exe.xml, according to the docs.)

I bought it and run it on my laptop (with a touchscreen connected), too, it's something I've been waiting for for quite some time. Price is very fair, I think.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

This might be interesting as I primarily fly the CJ4 with Working Title mod. So the glass PFDs should be very similar. Would like to see more reviews and a video not made by the publisher.

But good find. Thx for posting.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Purchased SkyElite recently and using it on second monitor.

Not an expert on such software but very pleased with it.

Worth consideration.

9 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

So the glass PFDs should be very similar

some differences besides the slightly other layout in some aspects:

-no speed- and altitude-."tape" - but trend indicators with small arrows: Just optical

-speed indicating only in knots, no mach indication

-quite badly: no pointers for for VORs and NDBs
and only one DME 1 or 2 at the same time 

This is version 1.0
so hoping for some improvements over the next months.
The developer has a lot of ideas, as he says...

BTW: Manual is downloadable pre-purchase at its homepage

vpa558.png

Hi,

I should add they have a great support. I didn't get it working initially and had a few questions after having it bought and got it working, which were all quickly and properly answered. Plus, as @wildtomcat states, they seem to be actively working on improvements.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hello,

I'm the developer and I want to thank you all for your constructive feedback.

We are working hard to improve the product and to learn from all the constructive feedback, positive or not, all opinions and ideas are very welcome and valuable.

I just opened a new topic in the forums for that purpose.

@wildtomcat , please let me comment your points:

>>-no speed- and altitude-."tape" - but trend indicators with small arrows

Yes, true. The main reason is performance, we realized during the testing that the tape for altitude and speed was consuming lot of tablet or iPad resources. Since most of the users use external devices, was not a good idea to implement something very nice and eye candy but limiting the device scope. We have that in the list just in case we can find a solution that doesn't affect device performance, but not priority #1 right now.

>>-speed indicating only in knots, no mach indication

Added to the list, thanks!

>> -quite badly: no pointers for for VORs and NDBs and only one DME 1 or 2 at the same time

The DME selection is a limitation of the current Microsoft SimConnect SDK. is not working as expected and we are closely watching the progress of their SDK in case this will be possible in the future.

VORs: when a VOR frequency is dialed in NAV1 or NAV2, the compass needle doesn't move and shows only deviation. By doble-click or double-touch in the CRS knob the pointer is centered to the VOR direction and then also updating the deviation.

As happens in real planes, CRS knob could require further clicks to a small re-adjust CRS later.

We developed this way because is how we saw it works in real instruments. But we can be wrong, so please, feel free to let us know if you miss something or think differently, so we can fix it.

Please, post all of this matters in the support forum to encourage other users to do the same. Is the only way to improve the product according to the user experience.

Thank you all again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MFS Aviator said:

Yes, true. The main reason is performance, we realized during the testing that the tape for altitude and speed was consuming lot of tablet or iPad resources. Since most of the users use external devices, was not a good idea to implement something very nice and eye candy but limiting the device scope. We have that in the list just in case we can find a solution that doesn't affect device performance, but not priority #1 right now.

Let me add as another customer who would prefer speed/altitude "tapes". Perhaps this could be made an option for those without performance issues. I run the SkyElite PFD/MFD on a rather powerful networked laptop which I am sure could handle this. I understand, those running it on the main machine may see it from a different point of view indeed.

Kind regards, Michael

1 minute ago, pmb said:

Perhaps this could be made an option for those without performance issues.

Makes lot of sense to have it as an optional feature. Added to the list to when we have time to address this.

Regards.

• Like 1

Hello ! I used your software for demonstration. It can be interesting, but I invariably end up with the same problem !

Chromium takes precedence - is binding on all browsers - and I can no longer open any page in any browser !
I have to switch to safe mode and switch to ZHPCleaner to remove Chromium and regain access to the internet!

You have to reinstall the software to use it again or you will not be able to open it in any browser. This limitation is going to be changed but so far is what you have to do to test for another 10 minutes again.

Don't start SkyElite until a flight in MSFS is active, that way you will not consume demo time.

Regards.

FYI: SkyElite DEMO has been updated and now evaluation is more flexible and with less annoying limitations.
I hope users will enjoy this new evaluation version. Everything is explained in the documents on the download page.
Regards

• Like 1

I love SkyElite.
The PauseON would place it in a relative distance to the active MPT