Sign in to follow this  
Kordaroyball

Invaid Licence (resolved)

Just purchased RealityXP GNS530 for FSX, it was working fine, and now it tells me when the aircraft loads that my licence is invalid. I tried to uninstall and re-install but get the same error message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Submitting a ticket is the way forward in this case.

Edited by ajaybala

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

Thanks for the reply,  I'm new to this forum and still finding my way around.  Where would I submit a ticket?  I've checked out Reality XP site and the links I've checked seem to lead back to this site and or to their knowledge base.

Again,

Thanks for the reply

21 hours ago, Kordaroyball said:

Any suggestions?

Do you get any error messages in the rxp log files (in your Documents folder)?

Also, did you move the Reality XP folder? That would cause it..

• Like 1

Bert

11 hours ago, ajaybala said:

Submitting a ticket is the way forward in this case.

Sounds good, but does not work, in my experience..

Bert

So I checked all the Reality XP folders and no log file. I purchased two Reality XP units, one for FSX GNS 530 and one for X-plane GNS 750

I know they both were working, I may have moved the Reality XP folder for FSX in error thinking it was the folder with your proof of purchase info.

As mentioned, I uninstalled the FSX unit and reinstalled, still get same message. X-plane unit works.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Kordaroyball said:

So I checked all the Reality XP folders and no log file. I purchased two Reality XP units, one for FSX GNS 530 and one for X-plane GNS 750

I know they both were working, I may have moved the Reality XP folder for FSX in error thinking it was the folder with your proof of purchase info.

As mentioned, I uninstalled the FSX unit and reinstalled, still get same message. X-plane unit works.

Thanks

OK, the XPlane unit works, good!

Moving the Reality XP folder would lead to an invalid license situation... the lic file is in there.

Check the C drive, is there a Reality XP folder.. does it have the GNS lic file in it?

As for the log files, as I stated before, they are in your "Documents folder" 😉  Go look there...

• Like 1

Bert

This is all the folders for RealityXp on my harddrive

C:\Users\d1ken\OneDrive\Documents\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim - RealityXP.GNS.ini.............only file in folder,  no log file

C:\RealityXP...xxxxxxx_xxxxxxx-rexprxp-gtn750-x9.key, Proof_of_Purchase_RXP-GTN750-X9.htm, RXP-GTN750-X9.lic, RXP-GTN750-X9.lic

The 2 folders above are  on c:\ 😄

C:\Program Files (x86)\RealityXP...xxxxxxx_xxxxxxx-rexprxp-gns530-fs.key, Proof_of_Purchase_RXP-GNS530-FS.htm, rxpGNS2-FSIM-Setup.exe, RXP-    GNS530-FS.lic

See the list of the second directory of C:\Program Files (x86) Reality XP................there is a space between Reality and XP on this one.

FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\
FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\Gauges\
FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\Gauges\Debug\
FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\Gauges\Debug\rxpGpsDebug\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\Gauges\Debug\rxpGpsDebug\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\Gauges\Debug\
FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\Gauges\GPS Annunciation\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\Gauges\GPS Annunciation\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\Gauges\
FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS 530 Manual\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS 530 Manual\
FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\
FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\
FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\32\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\32\
FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\64\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\64\
FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\bin\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\bin\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\
FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\
FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\X-Plane\
FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\X-Plane\32\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\X-Plane\32\
FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\X-Plane\64\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\X-Plane\64\
FOLDER    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\X-Plane\bin\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\X-Plane\bin\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\X-Plane\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\
TOTAL    C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\

2 hours ago, Kordaroyball said:

C:\RealityXP...xxxxxxx_xxxxxxx-rexprxp-gtn750-x9.key, Proof_of_Purchase_RXP-GTN750-X9.htm, RXP-GTN750-X9.lic, RXP-GTN750-X9.lic

That is the folder we are talking about... are you repeating the lic file?  You are listing two of the same..

Now this one, you have moved:

C:\Program Files (x86)\RealityXP...xxxxxxx_xxxxxxx-rexprxp-gns530-fs.key, Proof_of_Purchase_RXP-GNS530-FS.htm, rxpGNS2-FSIM-Setup.exe, RXP-    GNS530-FS.lic

Move the contents back to the first folder, so that the GTN and GNS lic files are in the same folder.  Then try running the airplane again.

Also, you still have not told us what the rxp log files show (in your Documents folder)

• Like 1

Bert

Bert,

Thanks very much for the help! I apologize for the misunderstanding of what directory the log files were in. I got fixated on the RealityXP folder. I did find the log files and I moved the licence info to the right folder and fired up FSX and everything is working.

So thanks again

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Kordaroyball said:

everything is working.

That is a great outcome! 🙂

• Like 1

Bert

I am having the same issue. I moved the files from that install directory (root C:\Reality XP) into my archive directory and deleted C:\Reality XP folder. 

I have since created a new C:\Reality XP and copied the two .lic files (one for each GNS530 and GNS430) into that directory I created. 

Still getting the license issue. Do any other files need to be in there? There is no log in my documents folder, there is only a configuration file about some keyboard shortcuts etc. Can anyone help, please? I just got this today for my new Carenado Malibu Mirage (with which I am now having some panel gauge issues, but that's a separate topic)... 

@BostonJeremy77 there is no space between Reality and XP for this folder name. Otherwise you just need to download the e-commerce installer and use the REINSTALL button.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

58 minutes ago, RXP said:

@BostonJeremy77 there is no space between Reality and XP for this folder name. Otherwise you just need to download the e-commerce installer and use the REINSTALL button.

Sweet! Thank you! Will try it tonight. See? I made my way to your product. Now if I can just get both 530 and 430 to work at the same time, it'd be great. My 530 (in Carenado Malibu) shows on top, but the bottom 430 is deader than dead. Any ideas? From that little config menu tool, I am selecting the one with BOTH (the one at the bottom)... Also, it seems only GNS 530 1 and GNS 430 1 work. If I select 2, I think the plane cockpit gets all annihilated. Oh well... I technically really only need the top 530. I don't care about the bottom 430 very much. 

Do you mean the RXP GUI Panel Assistant or the Carenado Malibu config tool?

There is a chance the Reality XP config in the Carenado tool is using the legacy GNS gauge name, in which case, you'd have to proceed in 2 steps:

- use Carenado tool to change the panel for both GNS.

- use the RXP GUI Panel Assistant to replace the Legacy GNS panel gauges to the new GNS V2 gauges.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)