29 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Yes, they do. I have rather severe astigmatism and used my glasses (with some difficulty) until the VR Optician inserts arrived - big difference!

What is teh difference? Things are clearer?  Where did you get them from? 

9 hours ago, bszuch said:

peppy197,

Why are you running OpenXR above what the G2 can handle resolution?  Why not 100  and 100 in the sim? I agree with the OP, I don't see how that is not producing an absolute slideshow.  I have a 10900KF, 3090, and 64gb or ram as well.

120 in OpenXR and 90 in sim

9 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What is teh difference? Things are clearer?  Where did you get them from? 

With the glasses (apart from fitting the frame in the G2) they had to be positioned very precisely in order to work. The inserts are much easier in that regard, but your contact lenses may actually work ok as they would also allow you to move the headset closer to your eyes (greater FOV) by replacing the supplied face gasket.

I got my inserts from https://vroptician.com/

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

@Ianrivaldosmith

First of all, welcome to the wonderful world of VR in flight sim! Been enjoying VR for years now and wouldn't even consider going back to a 2D screen for flight simming. Why watch an aircraft on a flat screen in front of you. Pretending you're flying it. When you can instead be inside the aircraft and actually fly it...even if only virtually 😉

These are my settings I ended up with after playing around with nearly every possible combination and hours of testing. It's still not perfect but the best balance I could achieve between visuals and smoothness. I also have the G2 and a similar system, an 8086K @ 5 GHz, a 3090 and 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM.

Haven't read though every post so maybe you already found your own settings which work for you. If not, give these a try and see what you think and how they work for you.

f48NzzW.jpg

gfLOOXr.jpg

zbHSlaa.jpg

SIszGyM.jpg

• Like 1

Richard Åsberg

@WebMaximus I’m running close to the settings you posted there. In OpenXR I have it at 100%. With custom render scale checked. Is it better to uncheck that? 
Also, what nvidia driver are you using? 

3 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

@WebMaximus I’m running close to the settings you posted there. In OpenXR I have it at 100%. With custom render scale checked. Is it better to uncheck that? 
Also, what nvidia driver are you using? 

If you're already happy with your VR experience, no need to change anything obviously. If that's not the case, I suggest you try to replicate my settings exactly. When I did my testing, I noticed how changing a single setting could have a very noticeable impact. Either on performance or visuals. In this case, I refer to all the graphics settings in MSFS.

As for OpenXR DT and the settings in there, I can't say what is best. What I can say is how the settings seen in my screenshot seem to give me the best result. I know many people are saying to use the customer render scale in OpenXR DT and keep the render scale in MSFS at 100%. In my case, that will not give me a better result vs the settings shown here. Quite the opposite.

With reprojection which also a number of people are saying is a great thing to have enabled. I tried that and while it did give me a very smooth experience when looking around inside the cockpit, the performance when flying at low altitude over highly detailed scenery was really bad. I also tried using it in combination with a custom render scale where I went all the way down to 70%. Just for testing purposes. Still a very bad result over here having that one enabled. Or rather set to 'Auto'.

I guess there can be lots of things affecting these kind of settings between different systems. Why the best thing of course is to try what works best on your particular system.

As for Nvidia driver, I've been using 457.30 for a very long time after hearing that's the last driver version for my 3090 card before lots of issues were introduced in later versions form Nvidia. This was some time ago though and maybe Nvidia managed to address these issues since. Yesterday I actually switched to 461.40 but haven't had time testing it properly yet. Reason I switched was to see if that could possible help me address an issue with random crashes to the desktop when switching between 2D and VR. I posted about this over here but so far no replies.

So looks I might be alone having this problem which will of course make it quite hard to figure out. I also reported this to Asobo but lets say, I won't hold my breath while waiting/hoping they will be able to help me out.

• Like 1

Richard Åsberg