Sign in to follow this  
Kermit_70

Your thoughts on EzDok + TrackIR in multiple-monitors VC?

Multi-monitor config?  

1. 1. Which of these configs you like the best?

• VC extending on the three monitors (surround with bazels) + EzDok for positions in cockpit + TrackIr to move eye direction
    • VC extending on the three monitors (surround with bazels) + EzDok for positions in cockpit, but no TrackIR so that views on each monitor stays the same (
    • VC on central monitor only + EzDok for positions in cockpit, but no TrackIR, + right fixed view on right monitor and left view on left monitor
    • no VC at all. Fixed front view on central monitor, fixed left on left, fixed right on right.

Hello, I would like to know if there is a general agreement on this or not:

Given:

• FSX
  • three-monitors (Nvidia surround)
  • EzDok
  • TrackIr5
  • no proper home-built cockpit, just few Saitek panels
  • requirement to fly different GA models (so cannot be hyper-tuned on one model only)

Which setup would you adopt and why?

1. VC extending on the three monitors (surround with bazels) + EzDok for positions in cockpit + TrackIr to move eye direction
  2. VC extending on the three monitors (surround with bazels) + EzDok for positions in cockpit, but no TrackIR so that views on each monitor stays the same (i.e. central monitor always showing front view, right monitor always show right view, etc)
  3. VC on central monitor only + EzDok for positions in cockpit, but no TrackIR, + right fixed view on right monitor and left view on left monitor
  4. no VC at all. Fixed front view on central monitor, fixed left on left, fixed right on right.

I know that #4 is very old-school, and that #1 is the most popular, but I would like to know if anybody prefers #2 or #3 and why.
I fly exclusively GA (no airliners), bot VFR and IFR, but I don't think that matters to the main question.

Cheers

Edited by Kermit_70