Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

fsaerodata ending

9 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Guys. Forgive me for not understanding since I didn’t use aero data. So what did this provide that navigraph didn’t?

Updated the native sim nav info so that it matches what your navigraph provides. Otherwise you can get conflicts with scenery/addons

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks. I’ve just never noticed any issues. I use tons of payware. But I don’t use any of the sims native flight planning functions if that has something to do with it 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

42 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Thanks. I’ve just never noticed any issues. I use tons of payware. But I don’t use any of the sims native flight planning functions if that has something to do with it 

I use Voxatc which needs a sim flight plan added.  As a bit of an autistic personality I like being able to make sure the flight plan in sim is EXACTLY the same in sim, and in the aircraft so that the navdata in sim is the same as the navdata used by Vox and the 3rd party aircraft Im flying.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

makes sense kevin

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

I use Voxatc which needs a sim flight plan added.  As a bit of an autistic personality I like being able to make sure the flight plan in sim is EXACTLY the same in sim, and in the aircraft so that the navdata in sim is the same as the navdata used by Vox and the 3rd party aircraft Im flying.

Unless I am misunderstanding, I use Radar Contact which picks up all its data through makerwys. If I load a flight plan through FSBuild/Simbrief, then I get all the frequencies the same in Radar Contact and PMDG. So don't need any other data. If one were to use actual charts, then I understand you would  probably be all at sea (excuse the pun, couldn't resist).

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

5 hours ago, Simicro said:

If one flies to and from only up to date 3rd party airports, then fsaerodata is not needed. 

True, but that's assuming that you're 3rd party airport navaids are kept up to date to the most recent AIRAC. Vendors like Flightbeam are pretty good about providing Navaid and runway updates to their airports, but other developers stick to eye candy and don't care if approaches having changed, etc. 

4 minutes ago, Wennerholm said:

Only deals with a subset of data that FsAerodata updated.  Great for that limited set of info, but isn't a whole replacement.

xaP1VAU.png

Just now, kevinfirth said:

Only deals with a subset of data that FsAerodata updated.  Great for that limited set of info, but isn't a whole replacement.

Sad...