Sign in to follow this  
rayharris108

Keys no longer work in MSFS

Got a really strange issue that’s possibly come up since the update with my keyboard.

Although the keyboard (Logitech G wired mechanical keys) works fine - some crucial keys - ESC, INS, HOME, END, DEL, PG DN etc have ceased to work. CTRL, F keys and PRTSC work fine as does the rest of the keys...

I cannot find a solution so far. So if anyone knows where I can go or what I can do to get these keys working that would be great. 

thanks

ray

Are you using any third party launcher to start the sim? There was a known issue with FSJumpStarter

Hi Peroni

No start programs.

I just start up as Admin from the Start Menu as always. Seems to have been happening since the update - not blaming that per se - but I never had any problems before that. I also installed a Logitech AP Multi panel a couple of days ago with the MSFS driver, which is working fine.

My drivers are all up to date as are display drivers (nVidia).

1 hour ago, rayharris108 said:

Got a really strange issue that’s possibly come up since the update with my keyboard.

Although the keyboard (Logitech G wired mechanical keys) works fine - some crucial keys - ESC, INS, HOME, END, DEL, PG DN etc have ceased to work. CTRL, F keys and PRTSC work fine as does the rest of the keys...

I cannot find a solution so far. So if anyone knows where I can go or what I can do to get these keys working that would be great. 

thanks

ray

Have you tried rebooting at least the sim if not your PC? This has happened to me several times before but after I reboot all is fine. 

Are you saying they don't work in the sim or they don't work at all?

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

My  keyboard CTRL + NUMBER DEL keys never work to release the brakes - I always have to do it "manually" on the cockpit brake release handle for any aircraft...

36 minutes ago, lehbird said:

Have you tried rebooting at least the sim if not your PC? This has happened to me several times before but after I reboot all is fine. 

Hi 

yes I had got it to work intermittently sometimes. But then next time it’s gone again. 
Today I rebooted several times but no luck.

to the other question - the keyboard works normally outside the sim I believe.

ray

29 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Are you saying they don't work in the sim or they don't work at all?

They occasionally freeze up in sim... a reboot fixes it. This is the widest open beta I've ever participated in 🙂

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

OK Thanks to all for your help.

it seems the problem  was the update had lost some of my keyboard key bindings. After finding a useful key assignment crib sheet I rebound the keys and fingers crossed all is OK so far assuming it remembers them tomorrow.

Few nasty surprises, with what is otherwise a good ( and pretty) update.

thanks again for your kind suggestions..

ray