Sign in to follow this  
Chris Webb

Can FSX Gold & Accel still be activated ?

Hi,

I have recently bought a genuine but previously used "FSX Gold & Accel" three disc pack complete with all leaflets, manuals and both authentication codes. Both FSX discs install perfectly but when I try to activate the FSX program on line I get the message that there is a problem connecting to the activation centre. I need to activate the FSX program before I can go on to install the Accel' disc. I have been trying to activate for over a week now.

My question is has Microsoft closed the FSX activation centre ?

Any/all help will be hugely appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris.

As far as I know and/or heard, the FSX servers are no longer online.  In you Main FSX folder there is a Phone Activation .xml with phone numbers to call for activation.  Not with live people, but with robot voice asking for activation info.

I just tried the United States toll-free number and it is still working!

Welcome to the AVSIM forums! 😃

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

28 minutes ago, Chris Webb said:

My question is has Microsoft closed the FSX activation centre ?

I built a new system back on the first of August and was unable to activate either.  I then purchased FSX SE.  Very inexpensive.  I believe $20.  Needed it badly.  Very disappointed in MSFS 2020 other than low level scenery gwacking.   🙂  Yes, gwacking!  Combination of gawking over it and and quacking about it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Welcome to the forum(s) Chris...........

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.