Sign in to follow this  
bjwoody61

katl no taxi routs

The image is not of TaxiMnt.

Are you trying to import taxiways or create new ones?  Exactly what is not working about either?

Dave

I was trying to import taxiways and gates for katl. It got all the gates but as shown it only imported the runways. There are not any taxiways shown at all. The screen shot is after importing taxiways in taximnt this is in msfs2020

James

Edited by bjwoody61

After you run MakeRunways, there will be a t5.csv and r5.csv in the folder of the output.  The t5 file has the taxiways.  You can open the t5 file and search for KATL and if not there, then that would be the problem.  Could be MSFS changed something.

Dave

There are 1716 entries in the t5 file for KATL.  and 10 in the r5

They seem to be there. When processing the taxiways it shows that amount being processed and then it says done 100% taxiways 10 and still no taxiways are showing, only the gates and runways

I have done a dozen airports with no problem. Only this one

Edited by bjwoody61

I found the problem!!!! 

None of the taxiways have any letter designation to them. There all blank.

What it should be KATL,A,...

What it is on all of them KATL,, ...

i poked a letter into one of the and sure enough it showed up after importing again

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/taxi2021-02-22 150254.png?role=personal

James

Edited by bjwoody61

14 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

That may be a MakeRunways bug.  If you're using version 5.11 of MakeRunways, you should report the problem to Pete at https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/  I know MSFS is a moving target, and they may have made another move, breaking MakeRunways.

This was asked on the support forum, and it does turn out to be some problem in the KATL scenery from Asobo. Here was my conclusion after investigations:

I've investigated this, and have found that the base scenery version of KATL, the one in the fs-base\scenery folder "APX25200.bgl" still has the taxiway names, but that is overridden by the one in the file "microsoft-airport-katl-atlanta\scenery\Microsoft\Atlanta\KATL-Airport.bgl" -- which includes no taxiway names at all!

I think you will be able to see that for yourself if you (temporarily) rename the .bgl to .bgloff.

I don't see a way of getting around this in MakeRwys. It needs to be fixed at source, by Asobo. Or maybe some scenery add-on maker will produce a better KATL?

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I think you will be able to see that for yourself if you (temporarily) rename the .bgl to .bgloff.

And It worked. Boom Taxiways are all there. Thanks Pete and Dave

James