Sign in to follow this  
Spit40

eBag (Electronic Flight Bag) Also works in VR

This is a simple toolbar option to let you view approach plates (any PDF actually), JPG images and TXT files of notes you have made. You can resize the window, zoom in/out, step through pages of a PDF or click to the next document in your flight bag. This v2 updates v1 by fixing the problem of filenames with spaces and (hopefully) there are no more conflicts with other custom toolbar options. I'l upload to flightsim.to when I get a chance.

For now, download from https://authentikit.org/msfs/ebag_v2.zip (full instructions in the zip)

Feedback welcome. I still want to fine tune the size of the navigation arrows as they're a bit small in VR. Fine in 2D. Also I'll add a rotate 90 degrees option.

ebag.jpg

Edited by Spit40
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Just finished my first ILS flight in VR using your eBag! Fantastic! What a tremendous benefit to be able to refer to charts while in VR. I've really been hoping someone would develop a tool like this.

Thanks for your efforts in improving our flight sim hobby!

• Like 1

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

Hi Spit40, many thanks for putting eBag together

I came across ByMaximus's toolbar app a couple of days ago but took a different route to running a local web server, by altering CustomPanel.html directly. It works (to some extent - still so issues to resolve such as having to embed images). Very much like your ideal of a short script to compile the ebag ahead of flight which I may have a go at as well