Sign in to follow this  
fernandito1969

FS2CREW & A330 Voice Command Issues

Hello Gentz;

I am currently spending sometime exploring with FS2 Crew and the A330 by it self with the AES-MDCU Regular CL completely deactivated and from the get go I am already having problems with the 1st CL (Before Start CL to the Line) third item (Sings) which IAW the Manual the response would be "ON/AUTO" However, the Co-pilot response its "OK Approach its Armed" and activates the approach botton. I commanded to "Restart the Checklist", I get a good response. Then I will restart again the CL and the same happens at the same item and I have tried to use the command "Set&Check" and no response to continue. I have even try to just voice "T&Check" which for some reason for the other aircrafts FS2Crew works instead of "Set&Check" . This also happens with the command "SET".

So far no luck either using both ways. So in conclusion I am still stuck on Item #3 of the "Before Start Checklist" and at the "Before Take Off Checklist" Item # 6. Can you suggest or advise on how to fix or remedy please? Note: Speech Recognition Training was already completed as well.

Edited by fernandito1969

What do you see in the Green Bar.

Please keep the Green Bar open so you can see what the FS2Crew is "hearing".

For "signs", the possible responses are:

• on
  • on auto
  • set

FYI, we don't use SET AND CHECKED in the Airbus version.  We use only "SET" if you ever get stuck.

Cheers,

Yes Bryan🙄...I did try those three per manual..."On, On Auto and Set" and those the only 3 that do not show up on the green bar. Everything else its capture clearly does shows!!...I did try the Set&Check to see if that would work but thanks for verifying that one.🤔

LOL😅.....You have no idea how many accents I did have tried!!!..Even Bristish!!🤪..My wife was looking at me in Rare Form!!😂....But its only with those three words..Wth?😒...Even trying to skip it with just SET would not work!🤔.... 

I did work with this tool, added the words to the dictionary (set, on, nav, cockpit, rudder, even set and check) and still having a hard time with those but for the majority of the dialog its captured clearly...working a bit more on it...one crazy thing that I did notice its that on the green bar, I spoked "Land" and "Nav" showed up...wth???🤨

Another one its Set! "seven" comes up on the green bar!!😒..Grrrrr!

🤔Oh Bryan by the way...I did also ran into an issue recently with the A330 which I already took it to the AES Forum and their suggested to bring it back here. Their advise "This may be that a particular sound was called and that called the crash.  Since the Airbus is known to play the called sounds without a CTD, I would look more carefully at FS2 Crew".   Check data below A & B

I have been experiencing crashes on my Sim for quiet sometime and it was advise not to run both Checklist from the MDCU and FS2 Crew simultaneously which I gave it a try. During testing one flight was completed and only activated the FS2Crew but the flight was completed at the third attempt. At the 1st and 2nd  attempt the Sim crashed and after reviewing the Event Viewer and the Reliability Tool this its the data that showed.

Would I need to post this on the FS2 Crew forum under a New Topic for support??

(A) Event Viewer

svchost
(18284,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.

(B) Reliability Rep.

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    BEX64
Application Name:    Prepar3D.exe
Application Version:    4.5.14.34698
Application Timestamp:    5e94b5c2
Fault Module Name:    XAudio2_4.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version:    9.26.1590.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    49bebddc
Exception Offset:    0000000000032779
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Data:    0000000000000008
OS Version:    10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    662c
Additional Information 2:    662cd1888af30ec9c5cadbe93a4e57cd
Additional Information 3:    b662
Additional Information 4:    b662c7a56753729d3c10d85757851292

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    0649e569c11f64871c48bcd6d450623c (2038086462256210492)

Can you reproduce that every time?

Xaudio is part of the microsoft audio engine which we use in that product.

Generally speaking though you shouldn't have any conflicts.

I would need something I can reproduce on my machine.

Cheers,

Tracking Bryan!👌🙄...This incident usually occurs on the 1st and 2nd attempt to flight but check this out, just last night I did a 3rd attempt of aprx. 5 hours flight and all went smooth......🤔Mind Bottling ain'it?! ..I got through the some of those replies that are causing problems and one thing noticed. One thing also notice that at the moment that I had to skip and advance because the voice recog. its not catching "Set&Check" I think that at one point I said it very Lame tone of voice almost baritone key and guess what?..it Responded!🤨 Wth??. I am currently doing a 4th attempt without shutting down the system to what how it behaves and double check those occurrences on the replies. 

You mentioned that "would need something I can reproduce on my machine'. would that be something to provide from my side??🤔

Ouch!🤕..Really?..So then what its used to skip or advance if stuck then?...With the word SET I have to stretch my mouth as much possible and called.....Look like The Joker!!..🤭...Then at one point I pronouced Set very Lame tone..Almost whispered and the FO caught it but on a regular normal tone...Nada!🤔

Roger!🤔..Ok lets see if it works!...Actually doing a test now but from scratch. Had a sudden electrical shortage and system shut down. Hopefully I dont get another crash since the last one(3rd) went smooth!

You mentioned previously that "would need something I can reproduce on my machine"'. would that be something to provide from my side??

Edited by fernandito1969