Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

The correct units for one thing

have you noticed that the sim can't decide whether to speak imperial or metric?  My sim lists runways in meters in some places and feet in others.  How much of an affect could this be having to the internal operations of the sim?  Would ATC be confused if it never really knew the altitude of a runway because in one place its in meters and in another its in feet?

I'm sure this has been pointed out before but since I just figured it out, I thought  I'd mention it.  Maybe some of these bugs/problems are rooted in mismatched units -- kinda like that craft that crashed on Mars that one time.  

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

10 hours ago, sightseer said:

that craft that crashed on Mars

Never mind that, worse things happened when people got their measurements mixed up.  (warning, contains a sweary word🙉 ) 

Edited by 109Sqn

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

LOL! He sang this...

And you my love
Won't you take my hand
We'll go back in time
To that mystic land
Where the dew drops cry
And the cats meow
I will take you there
I will show you how🤣

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

33 minutes ago, Fielder said:

LOL! He sang this...

And you my love
Won't you take my hand
We'll go back in time
To that mystic land
Where the dew drops cry
And the cats meow
I will take you there
I will show you how🤣

But they went to eleven ....

JPL crashed Mars Climate Observer into Mars because a vendor gave them thruster forces in Newtons when the code expected them in lbf.  It was one of the "faster better cheaper" missions in the 90s so there weren't as many checks and balances on the GNC process during cruise.  (A lot of people malign the "faster, better, cheaper" missions, but there were ~4 failures in ~20 missions and in total all 20 cost less then 1 flagship science mission and delivered massive amounts of science across the solar system.  Even if the cost of the 4 failed missions was spread across the 16 successes, it was still a super cost effective program in terms of $ per science.)

NASA put in the contact that every Mars mission after that be all-metric to avoid any future issues like that.  Tons of fun doing all the drawings in mm and then watching the machinists write the inch values in red pen next to them all over the drawing!

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I Blame the Elf!

th?id=OIP.Qr5N_3PwNDtpF5OdbwBI1gHaHa%26p

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

8 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

But they went to eleven ....

How much more black can the sky get in MSFS?🤔

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)