Sign in to follow this  
enright

As Real As It Gets

5 hours ago, Farlis said:

One can't really compare reality to the sim. Even in VR when your brain is convinced you are in the air in an airplaine you stay stationary in your seat firmly on the ground. So you will never experience spatial disorientation, because you are actually not moving through the air.

And as long as this is absent, you will not panic and think much clearer.

Oh I just meant that little shiver that goes through your spine when you realize how dangerous something would be in reality. 

4 hours ago, enright said:

For real pilots out there, is it ever advisable to pull fuses when you aren't 100% sure what's wrong? There's no "pull this and plane turns off by accident" fuse in one of those rows, is there?

Yeah sometimes. 😁
I fly much older airframes than the Vans RV10 with all glass in the video. And more often than it should, I've had ATC asking me If I am squawking Mode-C after a few minutes airborne. So I do the standard troubleshooting

• Recycle Transponder power, and let it warm up in STANDBY for a few minutes, then to ALT.
  • NinjaHack; Gently push the whole unit against the panel (that has worked a few times!)
  • if nothing of the above works....pull the c/bs , wait for a while and push them in again. There are two in our plane, one for Transponder and one for Mode-C if I remember it correctly.

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |