Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

I do not see ships or boats in the sim

-  No leisure sailboat, motorboats  in place where I know there are tens of them (Bay Area for instance)

- no large boats (tankers, cruise ships) except  few 3d models standing still on the water in some places (near the GGB for instance in SFO). I installed Henrik Nielsen's Global Traffic. Nada. Suez, Gibraltar empty .

All my settings look OK. Has anybody the same problem, I cannot find any relevant thread ?

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

11 minutes ago, mattn said:

This could fix you up: https://flightsim.to/file/9529/global-ai-ship-traffic-msfs-v1

It could possibly cause some fps hits though. If your ship traffic slider is at 5%, it will show 100% of those additional ships. 

Thanks but no this is  the package I referred to in the first post.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

What's your ship traffic setting set to?

Did you try elsewhere? I see plenty of them even here on the tuscan coast.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I tried all the settings including 100%.  There is obviously something wrong in my set up.

I fly from time to time from Marina di Campo (one of my favorite European small airfields) to central Italy . I see nothing.

Do you see default sailboats and motorboats beside the Henrik Nielsen's ships ?

Dominique

If my memory is correct, I thought I saw cruise ships, and they were even moving slowly, in the sea around downtown Vancouver.  That was pretty impressive because I didn't expect moving cruise ships.  I'll have to check it again but I think there was moving cruise ships in the sea around downtown Vancouver.

To get the cruise ships around downtown Vancouver, my traffic settings for ships/boats is set to whatever the default is.  I don't think I changed the traffic settings for ships/boats.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I tried all the settings including 100%.  There is obviously something wrong in my set up.

I fly from time to time from Marina di Campo (one of my favorite European small airfields) to central Italy . I see nothing.

Do you see default sailboats and motorboats beside the Henrik Nielsen's ships ?

I see quite some ships from Nielsen's pack near Livorno, so north of Marina di Campo.

I have set traffic to 5% as was suggested so i don't think i am going to see many "filler" traffic like sailboats and other small ones around

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Always a few ships in the bay near Gibraltar LXGB. That could be a good area to test.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

In all the time I've been roaming across the world I have seen two moving ships and about 20 static ships. That's it for the whole planet and it's all turned up too. 

• Like 1