Sign in to follow this  
mickatmian

Stuck in loop after hotfix

After the last update my vanilla sim copy was working fine, I did not notice any of the issues that some were having, but then came the hotfix. Installed the hotfix via Microsoft store, I now have a box from Gaming services telling me that it is indeed installed but that I need to "install on my device" and from there I just go round in a circle i.e. every time I try to start the sim it just opens this box again. Have tried everything I can think of short of a reinstall which I wish to avoid if at all possible (slow internet 18mbps). At one point I had a message saying the store could not find my internet connection so how did they send that message?

Any ideas.

Mick

Ignore the Gaming Services thing. Click on the Gaming tab at the top of the Store, locate your version of MSFS and click that and hit Play when it appears. See if you can get in to it that way.

I get this from time to time so I just launch MSFS from the Store.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

Absolutely you must relogin to your Microsoft account. That fixes the insert disc problem too. 

2 hours ago, patrice_bambou said:

Maybe you need to reconnect to your MS account in the games services?

1 hour ago, mikegrr said:

Absolutely you must relogin to your Microsoft account. That fixes the insert disc problem too. 

Already done that, logged out restarted pc and logged in again but achieved nothing.

What really gets my back up is the fact the last three updates all went smoothly it wasn't until the hot fix there was a problem, some hot fix! 

Mick

Ps this has done me one favour, went out in the spring sunshine and made a start on painting the garden fence so have a happy wife.

Edited by mickatmian
text added
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mickatmian said:

Ps this has done me one favour, went out in the spring sunshine and made a start on painting the garden fence so have a happy wife.

Smart move, otherwise she would "hotfix" you up.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

When I logged in they asked for my pin. Did you also need that?didn’t even remember I had one. 

11 hours ago, mikegrr said:

When I logged in they asked for my pin. Did you also need that?didn’t even remember I had one. 

Yes I did.

Still no further with this. Reported to Microsoft 3 days ago but no reply. Pleased to say the sun is shining again in my part of the UK, so looks like more fence painting is the order of the day.

Mick

Just an update for anyone interested.

After trying everything I could find on the internet for help with my Microsoft store problem and meticulously following instructions from several different websites on how to resolve this problem I finally gave up and reinstalled the sim, which took just over 24hrs (171.83Gb) at my internet speed but did at least resolve the problem. 

So thankyou Microsoft/Asbo for putting out a patch which stopped my perfectly working sim from loading (sim went through the last 3 updates without a problem).

Thanks to those of you that tried to help.

The one good thing to come out of this, I finished the garden fence painting!

Mick

10 minutes ago, mickatmian said:

The one good thing to come out of this, I finished the garden fence painting!

It was a trick to make you finish your chores, so you could fly. At least I hope it is working now? If not, at least the fence is painted like you said 🙂

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ