Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

RDPresets V2.0 released

Well I purchased the manual yesterday - used their recommended settings for VFR and IFR - I have seen a significant improvement in both load times and VRAM available - PMDG 777 over London at less than a 1000 feet was flawless.

My kit is an I7, 32MB RAM and a NVidia 1080

Back to flying

Edited by SquadronLeader

George Westwell

several flights later - I am not so confident that it is setup as well as I had originally thought - had a few CTDs

will continue evaluating

George Westwell

Yeah I bought the first one.  It was okay but got just as much help from youtube and streamers.  Thought I may though still pick up version 2.  At first they said free update for previous owners then they changed their mind.  Now if I want to buy it I do get a discount but the new price is a €1 higher.  With the discount I save a whole 75 cents (or whatever that is in Euros).  I will be taking a pass this time.  

Is there any shader tweaking, or complex lesser known stuff in the new guide?  I had one before and it was pretty basic common knowledge stuff that you can find all over avsim. 

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

3 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

Is there any shader tweaking, or complex lesser known stuff in the new guide?  I

I would say no.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I also had CTD's, I think that there are too many tweaks for the Nvidia Control Panel which cause them.

Both hardware and software nowadays is pretty much optimized, hence there are not a lot of tweaks that would have any tangible effect.

Most of it is down to setting adjustments which would mostly depend on the kind of hardware available.

One thing’s for sure, there ain’t no silver bullet to make a dramatic difference. Surely not something that the community had been oblivious to thus far.

• Upvote 1