Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS2Crew Weekend Update - 1 May 2021!

Captains, 

This will be a short one because we're so mind bogglingly busy over here:

FS2Crew for the FBW A32NX Project:

We had hoped to release this weekend, but I decided to "pull up and go around". 

There were a couple outstanding bugs that I didn't feel comfortable with, so I'm delaying the release until they can be fixed.

I'll also add a few extra user options based on beta tester requests in the meantime.

Apologies for the go around, but this is really, really complex software internally.  We had to re-design and reimagine everything for MSFS since everything is different now.  We've made some real improvements to the speech recognition logic viz. the old FSX/P3D versions.  

Also, all software has bugs, but I hate releasing software with known bugs, so I'm not going to rush it out the door just for the sake of pushing it out the door.

At any rate, we hope to get it out any day now, so check back often 🙂

For those of you who want a real Airbus crew simulation in MSFS and not something half-baked (voice and button controlled, complete integration with the FBW A32NX, real Airbus procedures), an extra few days wait won't kill you!

FS2Crew for the PMDG 737 NGX-U:

We just updated this to Version 1.9.

It's a small update.  It corrects an obscure bug in button control and adds a new user config option for automatic center fuel pump handling in the cruise and descent.  Several users wanted this functionality back (I actually removed it in an update a while back), but now you at least have the option.

Change log is in the NGX-U forum.

The update is currently on the FS2Crew website and Simmarket.  Others will have it next week.

Have a nice weekend!

a320nx_box_large.png

Edited by byork
  • Like 3

Still can’t wait Bryan, coincidentally I have this week off so hopefully it still may come out

22 hours ago, mrfilbert said:

Good luck with the final push Bryan! I'm very excited to see what you've achieved with the A32NX. 🙂 

You'll like it... the concept is the same as the old FS2Crew's for FSX/P3D, but everything else different.  The UI is totally different, internal code is totally different.. we think it's easier to operate now.  Lower learning curve, more flexible and less linear than the old versions especially for Voice Control.

And our integration with the A32NX is quite good.  You can say things like "Pull Speed 250 Knots" and the FO will do it... and we have all the real-world Airbus flows.

Edited by byork
  • Like 3