Sign in to follow this  
PILOTASENZAROTA

RealityXP Garmin GTN 750 Download Blocked

Hi,

I have a paid version of Reality GTN 750 running on  Win 7 - XPlane11, on the Carenado S550.  It has been working okay.

I purchased this 3 years ago from F1.

I needed to re-download this RealityXP  to a newly installed version of XPlane 11 running on Windows 10. 

I bypassed the E-Commerce F1 and downloaded directly from the RX site. 

The computer has a Dual Boot System. 

It keeps blocking my Download for rxpGTN due to a virus concern.  I opened the Firewall and the Anti-Virus.  But blocking still occurs.  S550 still works Okay on Windows 10, however.  .

So I have copied the Plug-in from the Win 7 system, and inserted it In the appropriate Resources>PlugIn folder on Win 10.  It did not request F1 Trainer Lite. 

But the GTN still does not show up on the instrument gauge of the S550.

Any real viruses on the downloading site? 

Any idea what I should do please?

Thank you.

PILOTASENZAROTA

Edited by RXP

This is a false-positive during the download and I get it every time I perform a fresh install.  Just click on the more info button in that window and select to run anyway.  It should proceed without incident.  Again, it is a known false positive and discussed on this forum many many times.  Undo/uninstall anything  you have done to this point so that  you are starting fresh.

Some antivirus programs have separately quarantined one .dll file for some users only.  What happens in that case does not seem to match what you describe.  So try the suggestion above first.

Oh! Also, Welcome to Avsim.  This a great place.  There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here, as well as helpfulness!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks for the reply. Downloaded the F1 New Installer system, but it sent me back to the same path.  The download is blocked.  F1 says it's and rxpGTN supplier problem, then I am referred to a forum - could be AVSIM.

So still stuck.

PILOTASENZAROTA

Edited by RXP

On 5/20/2021 at 1:46 AM, Bert Pieke said:

@PILOTASENZAROTATemporarily turn off your AV.. this is indeed a false positive.

Pardon my ignorance. Asking in good faith. 

False Positive meaning I should turn off my AV?  Or

Will this be a waste of time since I have already done it?  And currently there is no answer??

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, PILOTASENZAROTA said:

False Positive meaning I should turn off my AV? 

If you are getting a warning from your AV program, it must be running... 😉

So, yes, turn off your AV temporarily, download and install the gauge, and turn your AV back on.

Bert

I turned off all the switches under the "Virus & Treat Protection".  

Unfortunately the gauge never activated.

Same result as when I turned off the Firewall in addition to the Threat etc.

The warning comes at the download stage: ...." downloading was blocked because it could damage your device"   (or words to that effect.)

I noticed that it had inserted "RealityXP GTN" in the S550 folder within the Aircraft Folder.

Any further thoughts would be welcome.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, PILOTASENZAROTA said:

The warning comes at the download stage: ...." downloading was blocked because it could damage your device"   (or words to that effect.)

Where does that warning come from.. windows security or something else?

• Like 1

Bert

I have move this topic into the RXP Xplane/GTN750 forum.  It had nothing to do with the AVSIM Library forum.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi,

I believe you're trying to over engineer the installation process.

Let's get back to the basics first.

1) Are you downloading the e-commerce installer from www.reality-xp.com? And with what browser?

2) Do you use any anti-virus and/or firewall software, and/or any such "security" type of software and which?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you Jean-Luc.

I tried to download from F1 E-Commerce and automatically this site diverts me to reality-xp because they only handle the e-commerce side of things.

And yes I start the process by accessing their Installer.  I tried their original Wrapper System first. 

The browser is Microsoft Edge.

I have Malaware Bytes on the system which I believe is standard with Win10 ...  or default.

The firewall is DEFENDER.

On the Anti-Virus I turn all the buttons to Off  ... maybe not have done that on the the RansomeWare.

I also turn the Defender Off.

Irrespective, the download is blocked.  It says it can harm the device.

If I Click Continue nothing happens. 

There is absolutely nothing else on this Win 10 Drive apart from re-installed, re-installed, re-installed Win 10.

The reason for multiple re-installs because for whatever reason things start going bad.  So unfortunately I stopped trying.  

If you can help then it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards

Charles Abela

Edited by RXP

Thank you for the additional info, I believe I understand what you mean by "blocked" now.

1) You're downloading the e-commerce enabled installer from reality-xp.com website, clicking the [Download E-Commerce Installer] button isn't it?

2) The Edge "download" prompt is asking you what to do, with the choices [cancel] or [save as] and you can actually click to the right side of [save as] to just select save instead, and this downloads to your "download" folder as configured on Edge isn't it?

3) Then the download panel shows a message like: "rxpGTN-750-XPL.exe was blocked because it could harm your device" isn't it?

If the 3 steps above are what you're doing, and from then you position your mouse cursor over the aforementioned message, you'll see a trashcan icon and an ellipsis like this: ...  When you click the ellipsis, you can select the Keep option and the file won't be deleted from your hard drive.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean Luc

Unfortunately it did not work.

I tried twice, the second time with the Anti-Virus and Defender Off.

I click on Keep and then "Keep Anyway".

Looks as if it had accepted the download but still no result.

I restarted the computer and then X-Plane with S550. But it never shows up on the appropriate gauge.

I don't have any such problems using it on Win 7.  It worked straight away.

Win 10 may handle this differently?

Any further ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Charles Abela