Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

MSFS 2020 Grumman G44A Widgeon beta

We are adding more realism!!! Been working on learning as much as i can about this bird as i am sure there is room for more systems.

Because of hardware limitations we are adding an option on the copilot clipboard so you can select if you want the realism or not and it will save that option when you save a flight. Or just enable the option if you load a fresh flight. The reason for the option is that if you use a gear lever on hardware like a Honeycomb or Saitek unit then the mouse control for the lever will no longer work. So for those users who prefer to fly with unrealistic aircraft and just use hardware to lower and raise gear can do so. But they could save another joystick profile to disable the hardware gear lever and use our realistic code. Then you will use the mouse control. This is probably the first time you will ever see a gear or flaps system like this bird has in a flight sim or for any aircraft you knew.

About the system:

The gear/flaps hydraulic system has their own valve that needs to be open to allow the movement. When the valve(s) are closed the gear or flaps can remain in the position last set. So to set the position you must hold the gear lever in the up or down position. Once fully retracted or extended or you have the desired flaps position you can let go of the handle as it springs back to the center position thus closing that valve.

If there is a left engine failure or a pump failure the hydraulic pressure will be lost. So you must place the gear lever in the up or down position and use the lock thumb latches to keep the lever in place when you use the emergency pump handle. The lock is there so the pilot can have 1 hand free while using the pump lever. Once the gear in in place you must unlock the gear lever otherwise there is no flow through the valves and unreliable operation occurs.

Should be in our next update as we are about to wrap up the beta for this bird.

We also found out that the 3 annunciator lights were not for the markers but for the gear. 

mJPNy9I.jpeg

Edited by Flysimware

I watched 3 different streamers streaming the Grumman today and i noticed an issues. The wing light does not work. Here is the new wing light sample.

9wloUFm.jpg

Edited by Flysimware

We also are updating the UV for the wing floats so you can add custom text. The flysimware text is just an example for the image shared. And we updated the gear textures. I put most of paint back on the metal.

yovHe7c.jpg

8BnJKlk.jpg

Edited by Flysimware

Does anyone else have sound problems with the latest version? It always sounds like the engines in particular are mapped to the subwoofer. Before the update, the Widgeon sounded fine, and it is the only airplane with which I have that issue.

Thanks,

Peter

Just purchased the Grumman.
I think it needs to be updated for latest patch, can’t land on water anymore!
Is it possible to fix?

And yeah, the sound goes really deep en my sound system, like mentioned above.

Otherwise it feels very good flying.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

1 hour ago, PapaRomeo said:

Just purchased the Grumman.
I think it needs to be updated for latest patch, can’t land on water anymore!
Is it possible to fix?

What do you mean by "can't land on water"?  Does it crash, or what?  I just tried landing on water at KSFO, seems to work(no CTD) for me with SU5 although it did look a little strange. The water looked absolutely smooth like a table top for some reason, no wave action at all. I'll try another location.

What are others seeing?

Al

EDIT: Spoke with FSW about this -- update coming soon.

Edited by ark

It’s not the computer that crashes.
It says aircraft crash, I have enabled it in options.
It wasn’t a problem before with waterplanes.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

Hi again.
After latest update (that was fast) 🙂
When I start taxi, the sim goes to a crawl with around 13 FPS.
I tried different locations, different aircrafts and so on.
Loading the same scenario with another aircraft, sim works fine.

Can someone else confirm this?

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

3 hours ago, PapaRomeo said:

Hi again.
When I start taxi, the sim goes to a crawl with around 13 FPS.
I tried different locations, different aircrafts and so on.
Loading the same scenario with another aircraft, sim works fine.

Can someone else confirm this?

I have an old system and have FPS locked at 30. I just tried taxiing from one end to the other of Runway 28R at KSFO    and the FPS stayed at 30 with an occasional quick dip to 28.

I'm interested to hear what others are seeing.

What FPS do you see when flying?

Al

Edited by ark

Normally from 60-90 FPS, dips to 40-50 when around busy areas.

There is a lot going on around the sim these days, so not sure where the problem is?
Only thing I can say now, is that I only have the problem with The Grumman.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

On 7/29/2021 at 2:02 PM, PapaRomeo said:

When I start taxi, the sim goes to a crawl with around 13 FPS.\Can someone else confirm this?

Yep, I have the same, but it looks even like single-digit fps to me. My system is locked at 60ps and normally handles almost everything at that rate. The only airplane where I ever encountered a similar behavior is the Yak-18 (even before the update). 

Peter