Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

MSFS 2020 Grumman G44A Widgeon beta

19 hours ago, ark said:

I recently noticed that the Turn & Bank indicator while 'working' (i.e., it moves), does not seem to work correctly in that I could not keep the ball centered while doing a standard rate turn. For example, when in a left turn the ball would move out to the right, but 'stepping on the ball' (stepping on the right rudder) to center the ball would then stop the turn as if the intent was to put the a/c into a cross control slip. I'd like to know if anyone else is seeing this, or if the problem is just something with my setup. If could be this issue is all part of the gauges problem that Mark has already fixed, but if someone else is also seeing this problem I want to make Mark aware so he can check it.

Update: This appears to be a fight dynamics issue and Fysimware is working on a fix (along with the other issues that need some attention as outlined above).

Al

i have been working on the flight dynamics all day today as i actually used a real pilot who helps a few Companies with the cfg setup. We spoke yesterday and he stated that with all the years of experience i have with setting up the variables he suggested i might want to do this myself as he felt he did not get this close to the real bird.

I found there was a ton of issues and after today i will be releasing a new beta and you will agree this new setup is a huge improvement. I could post all the things improved but i will let the new version speak for itself.

I will suggest before takeoff place the elevator and aileron trim to the suggest arrows. This is now spot on. Also the engine power was lowered so that the manifold at 20-22 pressure is the suggested range for cruise at level flight. Also the stick controls are all updated as i lowered the elevator effectiveness increased the aileron and the rudder i think is about the same. 

Beta 1.4 is available to download.

The HSI CDI and the flags were not working and now fixed.
Some pull knobs and switches had no sound  and is now fixed.
The engine oil cool down time was correct. No change.

=========================

Next we are fixing the missing bulbs from the interior models as they were working before. 
Clock backlight stuck on.
Clickable panel lights from the red lamp housings knob. The overhead panel works for now.
And we will read and check any reported issues.

Edited by Flysimware

Getting images for the marketplace and website.

See all images here! 

IMAGES HERE

flysimware-grumman-g44a-widgeon-msfs2020

flysimware-grumman-g44a-widgeon-msfs2020

Edited by Flysimware

Is it possible to lower the landing gear while approaching the shore after you have landed on water. Am I missing something or was this function not available in the model.

I know that the real aircraft was able to do this.

Ian

If you can walk away it's a good landing

1 hour ago, dissy said:

Is it possible to lower the landing gear while approaching the shore after you have landed on water. Am I missing something or was this function not available in the model.

Ian

I was wondering this as well...maybe a limitation of MSFS?

9 hours ago, Target71 said:

I was wondering this as well...maybe a limitation of MSFS?

Excellent question as you need the gear down to drive up a boat ramp or the beach. So far i noticed the sim will not allow the gear to lower. I will ask the Asobo team today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Beta 1.6 is available to download. Next version should be the product release for all stores. To download the update log into the store and download the product again.

Main website product page is now created.
https://flysimware.com/website2019/flysimwares-msfs2020-grumman-g-44a-widgeon/

Clock backlight is fixed and the clock now has matching font color.
Carb heat now will not stall engine at idle.
The widgeon now sits lower in the water for more realism.
The Suction innoperative lights fixed.
DME updated and now uses nav 3 for the source and nav 2 for the remote source.
Main panel UV updated.
The water occluder was missing is now fixed. This prevents showing water in the interior model.
The Avionics click switch sound is fixed.
All exterior models besides N24475 now have black exhaust pipes.
All views updated.
Interior model got a huge texture update with 4K textures.

=========================

Still working on user manual and luggage doors

A few things I've noticed with 1,6 (and it could be just me)   1. seems that trimming is a lot more "fiddly" since 1.4

2. Independently breaking to help turn seems almost non-existent until you get down to a couple of miles an hour (of course then it just stops) and revving engine with full rudder applied still gives no rudder authority to help in turning.

With these two things working together I had a terrible time negotiating taxiway to parking spot after landing. I was about 100 yds from the rear of a parked airport van and in all that space I couldn't turn the Grummen to avoid the van. So I hit the parking break and shut down. Parking spot on startup worked ok because I was next to runway and just had to pull forward. As mentioned before, it could have been on my end.   

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

4 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

A few things I've noticed with 1,6 (and it could be just me)   1. seems that trimming is a lot more "fiddly" since 1.4

2. Independently breaking to help turn seems almost non-existent until you get down to a couple of miles an hour (of course then it just stops) and revving engine with full rudder applied still gives no rudder authority to help in turning.

With these two things working together I had a terrible time negotiating taxiway to parking spot after landing. I was about 100 yds from the rear of a parked airport van and in all that space I couldn't turn the Grummen to avoid the van. So I hit the parking break and shut down. Parking spot on startup worked ok because I was next to runway and just had to pull forward. As mentioned before, it could have been on my end.   

I will check the trim as we made the trim less sensitive so you can have more fine increments. Maybe i went too much. But the key is we want to be able to maintain level flight.

Do you have the tailwheel lock off for taxi? Make sure the speed is slow as i can do full circles inside a small runway width.

For takeoff this is already on if you load the plane at a departure on the runway from the sim load window. If you load at a parking spot it's off. Also the checklist would correct you as you do want the tailwheel lock on for takeoff. And yes you need to put pressure on the rear wheel with the elevator up then put the elevator down the get the tail up in the air as then you can steer by the rudder. 

Edited by Flysimware

16 hours ago, dissy said:

Ian

MSFS 2020 has not yet implemented water transition. Which means going from water to land or land to water. And if you try with crash on you will crash.

9 hours ago, Flysimware said:

I will check the trim as we made the trim less sensitive so you can have more fine increments. Maybe i went too much. But the key is we want to be able to maintain level flight.

Do you have the tailwheel lock off for taxi? Make sure the speed is slow as i can do full circles inside a small runway width.

For takeoff this is already on if you load the plane at a departure on the runway from the sim load window. If you load at a parking spot it's off. Also the checklist would correct you as you do want the tailwheel lock on for takeoff. And yes you need to put pressure on the rear wheel with the elevator up then put the elevator down the get the tail up in the air as then you can steer by the rudder. 

I think you nailed me about the wheel lock, I activated it on take off, and I don't remember removing it before landing and.... I never bothered looking up to check the switch. I gladly will take my "small" plate of "crow". Thanks.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Looking forward to see the new seats and seat belts....😃

tMoxVyz.jpg

Edited by Flysimware

I recently purchased this aircraft and love it! Great high quality textures and good flight model. Beautiful aircraft. Very pleased overall and excited for future updates and other models by Flysimware.

My only input would be to add AP. The Bendix king KAP 140 would be a good fit, I think it would also be a lot more popular when people looking to purchase it see it comes with working AP. Or maybe just have the option for KAP 140 or ADF KR87. Just a thought.

Cheers