Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

MSFS 2020 Grumman G44A Widgeon beta

2 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

Yep, I have the same, but it looks even like single-digit fps to me. My system is locked at 60ps and normally handles almost everything at that rate. The only airplane where I ever encountered a similar behavior is the Yak-18 (even before the update). 

Peter

i watched a streamer and the Yak-18 had a serious issue. Our issue is from adding the new effects. And i too got this crazy FPS but only 1 time so far. i found it seems after reloading the sim it went away as if the sim was freaking out from the effects. I think they are not stable yet and waiting for more feedback. But out of hundreds of users i have not heard any complaints besides the two from here. 

Edited by Flysimware

And like I said, there is a lot going on in the sim ATM.
A lot have problems with third party addons.
I just can’t get the Grumman working right now, I’ll see if I can do something about it myself.
Could it be tight down to the new water effect? Or dirt from wheels? I was on grass field, and it started when I was rolling with the plane.
We should look more into this.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

2 hours ago, PapaRomeo said:

Or dirt from wheels? I was on grass field, and it started when I was rolling with the plane.

Yes, I have now seen the same thing. Mark is looking into it to see if the 'dirt' effect is causing the problem.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, PapaRomeo said:

Could it be tight down to the new water effect? Or dirt from wheels? I was on grass field, and it started when I was rolling with the plane.

What FPS do you get taxiing on a hard runway,  and taxiing on water? For testing purposes, you should reload the a/c for each test.

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

4 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

Yep, I have the same, but it looks even like single-digit fps to me. My system is locked at 60ps and normally handles almost everything at that rate. The only airplane where I ever encountered a similar behavior is the Yak-18 (even before the update). 

Peter

What FPS do you get taxiing on a hard runway, and what FPS on a dirt or grass runway?  Please reload the aircraft for each test. This info will help Mark find the problem.

Thx,

Al

4 minutes ago, ark said:

What FPS do you get taxiing on a hard runway, and what FPS on a dirt or grass runway?  Please reload the aircraft for each test. This info will help Mark find the problem.

Thx,

Al

WIll do tomorrow. Thanks for looking into this.

Peter

3 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

WIll do tomorrow. Thanks for looking into this.

Peter

My FPS seems OK on a hard runway, and on the water, but it goes down to about 10 on grass. And once it goes down to 10, it seems to stay there even if I then taxi back onto the hard runway.

Al

2 minutes ago, ark said:

My FPS seems OK on a hard runway, and on the water, but it goes down to about 10 on grass. And once it goes down to 10, it seems to stay there even if I then taxi back onto the hard runway.

Al

So far, I only did one test, and that was on a dirt runway (CYGX)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ark said:

Al

It's the same here.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

I just made a test at CYTH, which (in RL) has both an asphalt and a gravel runway. I got 60 fps on both, but I think the gravel runway does not have the correct surface in MSFS. However, I then taxied on the grass and frame rates quickly went down to 10 fps. It seems definitely to be a surface problem.

Un unrelated problem that I face is the sound of the engines in interior view. They are very quiet compared to the environment. When the plane picks up speed, I hear a deep rumbling. Could it be that the engine sound is mapped to a subwoofer? The sound is fine in exterior view.

Peter

• Like 1

I think we are getting a handle on tracking down the taxi on grass problem.

Mark worked on developing a special sound package for the Grumman and as far as I know the sound is as he intended.

Al

Edited by ark

Thanks for reporting the FPS issue as this has now been resolved.

I am sending out a new version to all stores today as i solved the strange issue where the FPS would drop to 10 FPS when on grass or dirt or any surface that was not water or cement. The reason for this issue was we still had the old config effect entries in the aircraft.cfg file. Some of those effect entries are no longer needed as the newest effects are actually added from code which was added in the last version. So not only did we fix the FPS issue but all the new effects do not effect the frames at all. So happy flying everyone!

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

Thanks for reporting the FPS issue as this has now been resolved.

I am sending out a new version to all stores today as i solved the strange issue where the FPS would drop to 10 FPS when on grass or dirt or any surface that was not water or cement. The reason for this issue was we still had the old config effect entries in the aircraft.cfg file. Some of those effect entries are no longer needed as the newest effects are actually added from code which was added in the last version. So not only did wee fix the FPS issue but all the new effects do not effect the frames at all. So happy flying everyone!

Good to hear, can't wait to fly that awesome Grumman again.
And good work.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

I can confirm that with latest update, it works now.
I do wish though, that sound in cockpit was higher, can hardly hear the engines at all.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

Same here: the issue with the low fps is resolved, thanks for fixing that so quickly 🙂

As for the sound: yes, the engines are low in interior view. I paid closer attention to the very dark rumbling: that seems to come from wheels running on the ground, and from wind noise in the air. I use a pretty old sound system that has several small boxes and a subwoofer. The rumbling is similar to what I heard in the past when I wrongly connected the speakers to my old sound card.

Peter