Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Help - busted my install of the Aerosoft CRJ

13 hours ago, bumpywindshear said:

From my view the possibility of "downvoting" someone is one of the main problems of their forum.

Agreed. Especially with the anonymous voting they use; people can just hide. Like denunciation. I don’t like. 

back to topic: any news wrt the CRJ CTDs? I went through the hassle of an MSFS reinstall. All fine now except still the marketplace CRJ. That last resort is now also ruled out for me. Still waiting though for my helpful XBOX support I keep discussing with on my refund. They keep sending me copy/paste answers and I keep insisting. If it takes any longer then Asobo will hopefully come up with a patch by then

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

On 6/14/2021 at 6:08 PM, DAD said:

For those few with this CRJ marketplace CTD issue, seems like Asobo found the reason, now let's hope they come up with a quick fix:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/164658-crash-after-update/&do=findComment&comment=1046056

since there is no noticeable progress from MS/Asobo, feel free to upvote here for those seeing their marketplace CRJ grounded for weeks by now:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/as-crj-bought-via-msfs-marketplace-causes-instant-ctds/411642

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

On 6/15/2021 at 11:51 PM, DAD said:

I keep discussing with on my refund

Good idea because my CRJ from Aerosoft shop works perfectly.

2 hours ago, TENPATROL said:

Yeah. And that makes me a little frustrated. As mentioned, Asobo already acknowledged to AS that it’s an encryption error on MS side. They (Asobo) just need to fix it. And yes it may take some time. But almost 4 weeks by now? We are not a huuuge group of affected users like the PMDG MP issue but I wish Asobo just looked one working day on the CRJ installation issue and not 4 weeks by now. I mean, ultimately it’s MS‘s reputation of their marketplace. I seriously consider not to buy through them going forward and wish I had bought the CRJ directly from AS for exactly the reason you mention: it just installs  fine

Phil Leaven

2 hours ago, TENPATROL said:

And dont Mr Kock love to point this out when people come to them with problems. "We have countless thousands of people enjoying our product  without this issue, and you are number 3 that reported the error." *twiddles thumbs* 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

2 minutes ago, DAD said:

Yeah. And that makes me a little frustrated. As mentioned, Asobo already acknowledged to AS that it’s an encryption error on MS side. They (Asobo) just need to fix it. And yes it may take some time. But almost 4 weeks by now? We are not a huuuge group of affected users like the PMDG MP issue but I wish Asobo just looked one working day on the CRJ installation issue and not 4 weeks by now. I mean, ultimately it’s MS‘s reputation of their marketplace. I seriously consider not to buy through them going forward and wish I had bought the CRJ directly from AS for exactly the reason you mention: it just installs  fine

As much as I hate Aerosoft (and I really do, after how they treat their customers), I ended up buying the CRJ twice. Once from the Aerosoft store, and then once from the MS marketplace because the Aerosoft servers couldn't handle the load on launch day 😄

Andreas Stangenes

1 minute ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

ended up buying the CRJ twice

Close to that point myself. Though not willing to pay twice. Latest email to MS support for refund from Friday is still unanswered. Just afraid of the usual logic/law that once I bought it again from AS then Asobo will fix it within 2 hours. 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

Don't support Aerosoft with a second purchase through their own shop. They have quite terrible support themselves as has been pointed out already many times, and the CRJ product itself is incomplete and mostly just looks like a CRJ instead of working like one. Don't encourage this kind of stuff.

I'd suggest having a bit more patience with Asobo. They seem to have a better track record with support than Aerosoft do in general, despite the longish wait for this particular issue.

12 hours ago, DAD said:

Close to that point myself. Though not willing to pay twice. Latest email to MS support for refund from Friday is still unanswered. Just afraid of the usual logic/law that once I bought it again from AS then Asobo will fix it within 2 hours. 

i dont know how you paid, but cant you just refund via credit card service (or paypal), it does not work, period, very clear issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wim123 said:

i dont know how you paid, but cant you just refund via credit card service (or paypal), it does not work, period, very clear issue.

good point. thanks

Phil Leaven

For those affected by CTDs of the marketplace CRJ since SU4: MS/Asobo will fix this which is related to a new encryption process introduced with SU4 which requires now specific CPU instructions which only newer CPUs are capable of. More - also background information on the CPU instructions - can be found here:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/164658-crash-after-update/&do=findComment&comment=1047048

Phil Leaven

A charge back can get you in some interesting trouble if you have received the product you paid for. In some cases companies can legally go send some debt collectors after you. I'd be a little bit wary to jump to that solution.

58 minutes ago, Prpn said:

A charge back can get you in some interesting trouble if you have received the product you paid for. In some cases companies can legally go send some debt collectors after you. I'd be a little bit wary to jump to that solution.

I opened a dispute via Paypal just to let MS know I am not happy with the situation, this forces MS to look into my useless DLC. On the other hand, now that they are working on a fix I would be willing to wait some longer. Plus, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a modest CPU upgrade to an i5-10600KF, at least found a reason now to do so and worthwhile taking into account that my current system was built in 2008. but hey, that was a good quality built 😉

Phil Leaven

@DAD you can always purchase again later if you wish. Although, of my part, I will only purchase in the market shop if I absolutely must. I have more freedom with the stuff I purchase elsewhere, and hopefully the issue that developers must release simultaneously in both shops will be resolved so devs have more authority over their product patch lines. 

Andreas Stangenes