Sign in to follow this  
buspelle

The use of FXAA... (?)

Still no 100% luck... Dispite all You kind efforts/help/tips and tricks... How to get rid of the "glittering", shimmering sort of "jagged" textures? e.g around an aircraft... Hard to describe, but its like the image would need more "smoothening"... better resolution, I dont know... I have  tried almost everything... Any futher ideas?

Best Regards

Buspelle

...its like the textures are kind of more "floating" now than they where in the initial release...

What are the resolution, resolution scaling setting and monitor size? Can you post screenshots?

On a 1440p 27" with resolution scale at 100% and TAA I don't see this effect. 

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

22 hours ago, buspelle said:

Still no 100% luck... Dispite all You kind efforts/help/tips and tricks... How to get rid of the "glittering", shimmering sort of "jagged" textures? e.g around an aircraft... Hard to describe, but its like the image would need more "smoothening"... better resolution, I dont know... I have  tried almost everything... Any futher ideas?

Best Regards

Buspelle

Sorry for not giving more details in my reply. 

ReShade is a generic post-processing injector for games. It runs over the game making all sorts of effects possible and all are easily adjustable. After you learn it you can get all your games looking amazing. 

1. First, download ReShade here: https://reshade.me
  2. Hit the installer and point it at MSFS, it should auto detect it. If not you can point the installer at it.
  3. You will see the next screen asking which effects you want. Scroll down and select LEGACY EFFECTS
  4. A huge list will appear. You do NOT need all of them so dont worry.  
  5. Uncheck all of them using the button on bottom and then select these:

AdaptiveSharpen
AmbientLight
Clarity
Colourfulness
Curves
DPX
FakeHDR
FineSharp
FXAA
HighPassSharpen
Layer
Levels
LumaSharpen
MagicBloom
SMAA
Vibrance

I have bolded the two effects that deal with smoothing.  The other effects are very nice too. Each effect has a slider that can be used in real time while the game is running. You can then save the preset. A small tutorial will begin at launch, let it run.

Let me know if you need any help. I will follow this thread. 

On 6/15/2021 at 9:48 AM, buspelle said:

How to get rid of the "glittering", shimmering sort of "jagged" textures?

Presuming that you're currently at 1080p, set DSR Factors to 4x in Nvidia Control panel and then change the monitor resolution in msfs to 4K. Set TAA to100% initially and check performance. Move it down to 70 or 80 if you're having performance issues. This will totally remove the shimmering. 

Of course you can only do this if your GPU supports DSR. 

Edited by saifs