Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Stalker 2 trailer

Looks good

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I am hoping that Stalker 2 gets me back into FPS gaming on the PC. Nothing has really excited me over the past decade, although it would have been nice to have played Half Life : Alyx if Valve had not made it a VR exclusive. The trailer looks suitably atmospheric, so let's hope that this is Neo :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I am hoping that Stalker 2 gets me back into FPS gaming on the PC. Nothing has really excited me over the past decade, although it would have been nice to have played Half Life : Alyx if Valve had not made it a VR exclusive. The trailer looks suitably atmospheric, so let's hope that this is Neo :wink:

I am no fan of pure FPS  but Stalker was a little special. In a time where all the games look more and more alike, the two main episodes had that dark touch very much in the spirit of the decaying USSR. I hope that the guys in Redmont have not ruined that. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

am hoping that Stalker 2 gets me back into FPS gaming on the PC. Nothing has really excited me over the past decade,

BF4 was great Chris. COD Warzone is great too. And BF6 is out soon.

Are the Battlefield and Call of Duty games "single player" or "squad based"? I hate the latter, as I prefer to use stealth as much as possible, scan environments before entering them, and generally move through the game at my own pace. Having to endure the presence of multiple AI "buddies" and being forced to move through areas quickly are two of the most annoying aspects of FPS games. The last thing that I want to do when someone has taken the time to create detailed and beautiful environments is to "leg it" through them at high speed before I even get the chance to enjoy them!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

COD Warzone is team's but don't worry about that. Nobody cares if you go off on your own. I always do. Its Battle Royalle. And it's free!

The COD Campaign is no different to any other Camaign mode. And Multiplayer is team's but again, doesn't stop you doing your own thing. I hate team stuff too and have no issue.

Same for BF4 multiplayer, there are squads but nobody gives a monkeys if you do your own thing. 

BF4 is cheap now. Would be very surprised if you don't like it. And yes, most maps are very big. No frantic shootouts.

Edited by martin-w

9 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Half Life Alyx, is just incredible on the Oculus Quest. Totally agree about Stalker, I played all the series, if you want a filler until S2 is released try Chernobylite

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1016800/Chernobylite/

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

13 hours ago, martin-w said:

COD Warzone is team's but don't worry about that. Nobody cares if you go off on your own. I always do. Its Battle Royalle. And it's free!

The COD Campaign is no different to any other Camaign mode. And Multiplayer is team's but again, doesn't stop you doing your own thing. I hate team stuff too and have no issue.

Same for BF4 multiplayer, there are squads but nobody gives a monkeys if you do your own thing. 

BF4 is cheap now. Would be very surprised if you don't like it. And yes, most maps are very big. No frantic shootouts.

I have zero interest in the multiplayer aspect of FPS gaming. I want to enjoy a full single player campaign with an interesting story, and I want to be immersed in that world for a long time. It took me ages to complete the original Deus Ex (IMO, this is still the best game of all time).

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

35 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have zero interest in the multiplayer aspect of FPS gaming. I want to enjoy a full single player campaign with an interesting story, and I want to be immersed in that world for a long time. It took me ages to complete the original Deus Ex (IMO, this is still the best game of all time).

COD and BF4 have campaigns. COD camaign is very good. 

I favour multiplayer. Pitting your skills against a real living opponent is the real test.

On 6/14/2021 at 12:42 PM, SierraHotel said:

Totally agree about Stalker, I played all the series, if you want a filler until S2 is released try Chernobylite

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1016800/Chernobylite/

Love it! Want Stalker 2 also ! I still play all the Half Life series once in a while for grins.

Edited by Penzoil3

Release date is currently set as 2022 April 28!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Our good ukrainian friends from the Stalker franchise have released today a new trailer of STALKER 2.

Sorry  I forgot to paste the link 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

This is one of only two games that I am currently interested in. I am hoping that GSC Gameworld can restore my faith in the gaming industry with this. Oh, and a chocolate medal to anyone who can guess the other game :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Starfield 😀 ?

Dominique

Wish the war wasn't messing with the devs, not to mention everyone else.