Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

cannot launch fs2020 after windows update

In the Store, My Library, does it show MSFS as owned/installed?

Is there a Launch button?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I had the same stupid thing: You need to delete Game Services and re-install them:

Here are detailed instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpZ3BZokSOA

Fairly easy. Hope that helps

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

7 minutes ago, yankeegolf3 said:

It shows FS as installed. When I launch FS, it opens up the gaming services page , product installed and no further action available

Have you logged out of both sites and logged back into both, fresh?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have the same problem now - game won't launch, tries to update gaming services but fails.

Were you able to fix it?

hello,

I was able to fix this most annoying problem (no more FS2020). I tried the first tip (delete gamin services) provided in the link given by silicus (post above). I also repaired the gaming services  (tip 3 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKTsobT-R0k). I am confused about what exactly did the trick because I was so desperate to repair that bloody mess that I did not keep track of what I was doing.

I am not sure that the problem stemmed from the windows update or if it is a coincidence. It is not FS 2020 related but definitely gaming services related. I really don't understand why Microsoft cannoot find a way to prevent this from happening. One day it works, the next day it does not. That is the way computers behave. 

I hope that you will succeed.

2 hours ago, yankeegolf3 said:

hello,

I was able to fix this most annoying problem (no more FS2020). I tried the first tip (delete gamin services) provided in the link given by silicus (post above). I also repaired the gaming services  (tip 3 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKTsobT-R0k). I am confused about what exactly did the trick because I was so desperate to repair that bloody mess that I did not keep track of what I was doing.

I am not sure that the problem stemmed from the windows update or if it is a coincidence. It is not FS 2020 related but definitely gaming services related. I really don't understand why Microsoft cannoot find a way to prevent this from happening. One day it works, the next day it does not. That is the way computers behave. 

I hope that you will succeed.

its weird these things yes, but for me it has always worked fine, computers are not the same, in that there is the difference.

Thanks guys. I'll try re-install gaming services as my last resort. What could go wrong??!!

I tried doing the simple repair in the Settings/Apps App, but now I don't see Gaming Services in the Apps App anymore. But it is still running inside the MS Store App and still can't update.