Sign in to follow this  
Noel

If you care about having ILS Freq in the G3000 MFD...

41 minutes ago, Reader said:

The last reply from Orbx on Monday, two days ago, would tend to suggest that your issue is being investigated.

and that your subsequent extensive negative posting here is neither necessary, nor accurate.

Well, you need to take into account that these problems were first reported 10 months ago, right after the sim came out and OrbX released their first airports. As we see now, they didn't really do anything in all this time and didn't even understand what the problem was in subsequent bug reports.

I can understand when people get angry in a situation like that, and quite frankly, I am too.

When all you get is "we are discussing this" it begs the question what they were doing for the past 10 months? Ignore it?

Edited by Der Zeitgeist
  • Like 2

It seems that ORBX is going down the road from a top-notch developer to a mediocre contributor. Too bad.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Sometimes, it is better to try and keep a sense of perspective. To draw a conclusion like that from an omission of this nature is ludicrous. I am sure that the issue will be addressed and the problem solved. In the meantime, these airports continue to have working ILS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reader said:

Sometimes, it is better to try and keep a sense of perspective. To draw a conclusion like that from an omission of this nature is ludicrous. I am sure that the issue will be addressed and the problem solved. In the meantime, these airports continue to have working ILS.

The irritation for me comes from the fact this could have been addressed when I first presented it to them 10 months ago now, before multiple other airports were released, and now all will require an update and so far near as I can tell since Orbx has not said so, none have been.  And they keep cranking out new ones.  Certainly KSBA which was my first example for them hasn't been.  The only way the issue wuold be addressed is when it is brought to their attention, which I very tactfully did w/ follow up in March.  It's now nearly June and really there is no useful response from Orbx beyond they will send another reminder to them, whomever them is.  I've also zendesked this to alert Asobo that something in the SDK sets developers up to continue making this mistake.  If I sat back to keep a sense of perspective like you apparently have, absolutely nothing would be done.  

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

My main point was that from this relatively minor problem, annoying though it is to some, it is too much of a stretch to justify the comment: 

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

It seems that ORBX is going down the road from a top-notch developer to a mediocre contributor. Too bad.

3 minutes ago, Reader said:

My main point was that from this relatively minor problem, annoying though it is to some, it is too much of a stretch to justify the comment: 

As I explained above, it's not just the ILS frequencies that are not implemented but also some other core features of MSFS airports.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Reader said:

You were right if it was only that ILS issue, but my comment was also about the visual quality of some of  their airports which has been discussed in other threads. I should have been more clear in my comment.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

6 hours ago, Reader said:

They had 10 months .. if they couldn't solve it and needed more time .. Report back "Hey we know this is still an issue and we need just a bit more time ..etc". Communication (on their end) would have probably resulted in the paying customer NOT being word not allowed off. Especially when competing products have solved the issue in the same time frame. No excuse in my mind. But certainly you can keep defending Orbx. or try to admonish the customer who is now justifiably angry for still not enjoying the product he paid for 10 months ago.

I don't think competition is that cutthroat for them to contact any of the other developers who figured out how to do it properly and ask them for some help on the issue or pay them if absolutely necessary. If i was stumped that would be the first thing i would do instead of not addressing the issue. 

Also .. What may be "Minor" for you may be show stopping to others. I wouldn't touch an Orbx airport knowing that this feature is not working. That is a  show stopper for me.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

It is pretty clear that you are not impressed and that seems justified. I would agree with your comments. However, I see no value in constantly posting the same thing in a forum that may or may not be read by the developers at Orbx when it seems that there is finally a further response at the Orbx forums to the many requests for it to be fixed.

12 minutes ago, Reader said:

It is pretty clear that you are not impressed and that seems justified. I would agree with your comments. However, I see no value in constantly posting the same thing in a forum that may or may not be read by the developers at Orbx when it seems that there is finally a further response at the Orbx forums to the many requests for it to be fixed.

I don't see much response over there to be honest. They're closing threads and in one case deny that a problem even exists. In other cases, they claimed that certain things were patched while they're still not fixed at all.

For what it's worth, I don't see this as being any 3rd party problem per se.

I can't reveal the details of the discussion in the private 3rd party dev forum, but my understanding of this issue is that if a scenery redefines a runway, without overriding the existing ILS, the latter is no longer showing up in these gauges. The workaround seems to always redefine the ILS if your redefine the RWY which is just a workaround and not a long term solution, especially if navdata gets updated more frequently than RWY construction and terraforming...

I don't know whether the game sdk isn't returning the ILS freqs when asked for, or whether the game engine is no longer loading them up, or even if this is just this JS garmin gauge which is not able to displaying them in this particular case, but this looks like it is just a bug in the game of some sort, not the scenery.

NB: even if the frequencies are not showing up, you can still tune them. This would tend to indicate it is only a gauge bug not displaying them or the game engine not returning them to the gauge.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

35 minutes ago, RXP said:

For what it's worth, I don't see this as being any 3rd party problem per se.

I can't reveal the details of the discussion in the private 3rd party dev forum, but my understanding of this issue is that if a scenery redefines a runway, without overriding the existing ILS, the latter is no longer showing up in these gauges. The workaround seems to always redefine the ILS if your redefine the RWY which is just a workaround and not a long term solution, especially if navdata gets updated more frequently than RWY construction and terraforming...

I don't know whether the game sdk isn't returning the ILS freqs when asked for, or whether the game engine is no longer loading them up, or even if this is just this JS garmin gauge which is not able to displaying them in this particular case, but this looks like it is just a bug in the game of some sort, not the scenery.

NB: even if the frequencies are not showing up, you can still tune them. This would tend to indicate it is only a gauge bug not displaying them or the game engine not returning them to the gauge.

All I can tell you JL is some payware devs and apparently even some freeware devs took it upon themselves to make it work, and we appreciate it, and will continue to support those who do.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X