Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jymp

5.2 Why so dark ?

Agree with the above, I find HDR way too severe and I have spent HOURS adjusting it alongside Envshade, but much as I try convincing myself, after all the time spent on it, that's it better I always end up turning it off.

There is a problem with the overall lighting levels in v5. I have a quality monitor and use a Spyder Pro to calibrate it. Despite the results being spot on using high quality images to check brightness, colour and contrast it becomes pointless when I fire up P3D v5.

The overall brightness is too low and contrast is muted. That’s the outside view as well as the VC.

Trying to bring the picture quality back by adjusting HDR is a waste of time. Nothing happens to bloom until you get to around 90% and then highlights just goes into a whiteout. Hard to know where to turn to to improve it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 hours ago, onebob said:

There is a very helpful work around from ‘BiologicalNanobot’  just search a few pages back in this forum with a similar heading,

regards Bob

Impossible, at least for me, to find that. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Dan Cole

7 minutes ago, bobrbend said:

Impossible, at least for me, to find that. Any guidance would be appreciated.

@BiologicalNanobot posted this on the LM forum...

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=142594

and there’s help in this discussion...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/601629-very-dark-cockpit-in-52/?do=findComment&comment=4552939

I’ll try it myself tomorrow.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Works very well. I bumped shoulder from .22 to .27 on mine.

Eric 

6 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Hey Ray, OLED here also ... do you have any Black Level settings on your TV/monitor? ... are you running 8bit per channel color?  Win10 HDR off?   I had similar problems until I turned Win10 HDR off, and used 8bit per channel color.  On my setup, I've found that 10bit or higher and Win10 HDR cause all kinds of issues with P3D V5.x.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

It's not an OLED display but a BenQ PD3200U UHD monitor. As it's designed for photographers it has different colour modes. I'm currently using the sRGB one with 8-bit colour depth. Refresh rate is 30Hz naturally. Win10 HDR is Off.

I'm going to try the tweak by BiologicalNanobot as it's been well received. More soon...

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I just flip on the dome light on every aircraft and it seems to work great.  Not a very elegant solution but effective.

Mark   CYYZ      

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.