Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

Inbound- FB Auckland coming this month to P3D!

6 hours ago, micstatic said:

I wonder if it will be one of those where you pay full price for p3d and get a discount later for msfs?

They've done discount for their other MSFS airports, so maybe NZAA will be the same. I'll buy it for both sims regardless, as I'm a kiwi. I like that FB also give discounts based on how much you buy from them. They are one of the fairest companies out there, as well as having the best airports!

• Like 3

Pete Gordon

ASUS TUF Z370-Plus | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GTX 1080 |  1TB SSD

16 minutes ago, Papa Golf said:

They are one of the fairest companies out there, as well as having the best airports!

Absolutely! Flightbeam is my FSLabs of scenery design. 💓
I just wish they were a bit more Europe oriented.

On 7/10/2021 at 2:19 PM, 787flyer said:

So folks, the latest info from Flightbeam is it could be released this Sunday PST if all goes well or early next week if the late bugs persist for a little while longer.😉

More info here:

https://www.flightbeam.net/post/nzaa-release-schedule

Auckland here we come...🎆

Edit: I am not sure if the release is for MSFS or P3D or both. I thought they arrived at the same time but the post above does not make this clear. I am hoping its  includes the P3D release.

I have been using the freeware version for a couple of years now. Will this be very much different? Haven't been via Auckland to anywhere for more than 12 years.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Hi Ian,

I haven't installed it yet but based on the features and the detail on some of the screenshots its likely far ahead of anything that came before it and the price is very reasonable for an airport of this quality.

The features listed are:

• Features the newly updated Flightbeam Manager system
  • Configuration Manager allows you to quickly customize NZAA to your liking
  • Extensive, highly detailed and realistic 4096×4096 textures
  • Utilizes SODE for advanced jetway interaction with aircraft
  • All new Gen-5 Flightbeam Jetways, packed with astounding detail
  • Utilizes SODE VDGS for precise parking with dynamic displays (optional, requires SODE VDGS)
  • Includes expansive surroundings of the airport
  • Custom water-masking for the entire Manukau Harbour
  • Includes custom static GA and NZ Airlines at apron parking
  • Dynamic lights
  • Leverages P3D’s material scripting engine for dynamic runway lights during low-visibility
  • Key interior areas modeled, including the main terminal and domestic terminal

Based on some of the screenshots ,especially those showing the detailed and definitely worn apron textures plus the scuff marks and dents on the jetbridges, This looks to be a fantastic add on for anyone flying in NZ.

If anyone has purchased this already since it released on Tuesday, I would like to know what performance is like? Obviously there's a config manger to fine-tuning the scenery settings.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

It looks to me like the hold short point for rwy 05R is just maybe 4-5 ft too far from the runway end for the AI to depart.  In ADE I added an intermediate point on taxiway A10 between taxi points 6 and 4, 10.0m from the hold short point (taxi point 6) of type HOLD SHORT NO DRAW, and changed the type of taxi point 6 to NORMAL.  AI is departing as it should now off 05R, and the extra 10m to the hold short has AI just barely peeking over the hold line as drawn on the ground textures.

Other than that one flaw, it's a very nice looking (and performing) scenery. 

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case