Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

29 Palms/orbx EGHI Southampton Airport

Released today with a 30% discount for 48 hours.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/eghi-msfs

£7 go on then.....

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Bought. The South-East corner of the UK is looking better and better.

Anyone have any first impressions?

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

9 minutes ago, bbsmitz said:

Anyone have any first impressions?

It was one of my favourites too, but Orbx seems to introduce a "Throwback" line of products, meaning a rework of the original assets. 29Palms as the original developers don't seem to be involved, and after a cursory visit I have to say it shows as the airport is nothing to write home about. It fits well in the photogrammetry area, but I noticed some low resolution textures with buildings, no special attention to detail landside (debatable of course) and - as with all Orbx airports - the ILS autotune function in the CJ4 or A320 will not work as they failed to integrate the necessary data. Grab it for the introductory price as you can do nothing wrong there - but be aware of the limits. It's certainly not worse than the older versions, but hey - we are in 2021 now! Just my first impression and certainly subjective.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

5 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

It was one of my favourites too, but Orbx seems to introduce a "Throwback" line of products, meaning a rework of the original assets. 29Palms as the original developers don't seem to be involved, and after a cursory visit I have to say it shows as the airport is nothing to write home about. It fits well in the photogrammetry area, but I noticed some low resolution textures with buildings, no special attention to detail landside (debatable of course) and - as with all Orbx airports - the ILS autotune function in the CJ4 or A320 will not work as they failed to integrate the necessary data. Grab it for the introductory price as you can do nothing wrong there - but be aware of the limits. It's certainly not worse than the older versions, but hey - we are in 2021 now! Just my first impression and certainly subjective.

Disappointing... this has seemed to be the general consensus with Orbx recently; not much effort to upgrade their offerings.

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

6 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

Hi. But does the ILS work if you manually tune it?

Edited by jarmstro

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

But does the ILS work if you manually tune it?

Yes!

Well I'll have to buy it then.😂

Do we have moving trains in this version as we had with their previous version? 

For £7 it looks fine.

Flight-Simulator-3-XXKWttpw-K.png

Flight-Simulator-5q-EWy-Oagdv.png

Flight-Simulator-ECJFq-URc-Jr.png

Flight-Simulator-fk-Fu8xoefb.png

Flight-Simulator-O06887-GTNB.png

Flight-Simulator-Xr-HSm5-PKOe.png

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I've bought this as it's my local airport and it's ok.  For some reason, it doesn't seem as immersive as the previous P3D version.  I thought that was really good but this doesn't seem quite as good, not sure why. I think the bumph also said there is were improvements to the docks area but I haven't spotted anything obvious yet.  Maybe I'll have a bit more time tomorrow to have a better look round. 

12 hours ago, Tom_L said:

The A320nx auto tunes the ILS RW20 just fine.

4 hours ago, jarmstro said:

The A320nx auto tunes the ILS RW20 just fine.

I stand corrected! The CJ4 didn't show the frequency in the "Arrival data" and usually in these case it didn't tune, so I manually inserted the frequency . I rechecked today with a flightplan EGHI/EGHI and it didn't tune at first (on the ground), but in flight it did. I never encountered this before, but all in all it seems I was a bit rash...

Edited by Tom_L
Re-rechecked with the CJ4