Sign in to follow this  
VHOJT

Moon/aircraft brightness - how to get a black night 5.2 HF1

Anybody had any success getting a properly pitch-black moonless night, where the objects like the aircraft wings do not emit light?

I have not had much success, even with the good suggestions given here.

Is this annoying to others?

PS I am interested to know more about the line 283 mentioned in the previous post.

Edited by VHOJT

13 minutes ago, VHOJT said:

Anybody had any success getting a properly pitch-black moonless night, where the objects like the aircraft wings do not emit light?

I have not had much success, even with the good suggestions given here.

Is this annoying to others?

PS I am interested to know more about the line 283 mentioned in the previous post.

Tried EnvShade? It can alter the rendering of the night to be darker. It worked pretty well on my 2D screen but alas not for the Rift S where the night is still too bright, but it's due to the lenses in the Rift.

I have already requested some changes on this one at LM. More I can´t say......;-)

Marcus 

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Yeah I hope too there will be some changes.

Just had a strange experience with fog and night in EDDF :D

Looks like its time based, but at 21:06 CET, there should be darkness :D

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

No-one else?  I hope it's not just my setup?  Well actually I hope it is, then there's something I can do about it...

Even the darkest of nights ie new moon which has set are not "pitch black".

Once your eyes have adapted with panel lights down you can still see wings etc out the windows and a horizon even with no moon at all.

With your panel lights up its more difficult but my point is its not "black" only a perception formed by having lights in the cockpit to bright.

When it is "black" is below an overcast on a moonless night, that is black lol but its caused by the overcast.

Quite surprising how much light stars give off once your eyes have adapted and to me at least P3D is pretty close on a moonless night to what your capable of seeing. If anything it could be a touch darker but not hugely..

• Like 2

Darren Howie

When you look at the stars from your home you can probably only see a few because the light from the stars is severely attenuated by coming through the atmosphere and especially the water vaper in it..

If you look from the middle of a dessert you will see many more stars and they are very bright and in fact give enough light to see to move round comfortably a long as you are not near a place that has electric lights flooding the area.  This is despite them being attenuated by the atmosphere.  

At 35000 ft you are above most of the atmosphere and surrounding light sources so there is little attenuation and the sky is full of stars and nebulae.  I believe there is about 1/10 of the light on on a moonless night than on a full moon light plenty to see the wings of the plane.

• Like 1

Harry Woodrow

19 hours ago, DEHowie said:

Even the darkest of nights ie new moon which has set are not "pitch black".

Once your eyes have adapted with panel lights down you can still see wings etc out the windows and a horizon even with no moon at all.

With your panel lights up its more difficult but my point is its not "black" only a perception formed by having lights in the cockpit to bright.

When it is "black" is below an overcast on a moonless night, that is black lol but its caused by the overcast.

Quite surprising how much light stars give off once your eyes have adapted and to me at least P3D is pretty close on a moonless night to what your capable of seeing. If anything it could be a touch darker but not hugely..

Good to hear from you mate!

Well that's sort of nice to know 🙂

Would you say the image I attached is a bit much for a moonless night though?