Sign in to follow this  
munckton

Take off & landing runway info

Hi.
As part of my flight planning prior to setting up flight sim I usually relied on Sim Brief as i get all the necessary info that i need and flight plans for my PMDG, or so I thought. i will in most situations not get the correct real time runway departure and arrival info. I used to correct this by using AirNav Radar Box that was very accurate with the ACTUAL take off and landing runways. they however no longer provide that info. 
 Does anyone know where one can get real time runway departure and take off info? obviously trying to keep is as real as it gets. (I'm also using real time weather) 

Thanks in advance

Steve

IRL the taking off runway is given by ATC, normally by clearance, but still subject to change even in middle of taxi.

For flight planning and performance, every time you got a new runway, you must redone all the calculation, if it doesn't suit, request a better one from ATC if possible, or change your weight / config.

Landing runway normally given on initial contact with approach. and yet it could change even if you already lined up with a runway then....

For flight planning and performance, the part-121 require to consider both of  these 2 runways (maybe the same runway then) for landing, before you takeoff:

1) Most suitable (longest, normally) runway in calm wind ;

2) Most possible runway, consider forecasted wind, aircraft character, navaid etc....

Edited by C2615

Thanks.
do you know if there is a site/program that is available that could give this info?

On 7/17/2021 at 7:04 AM, munckton said:

Thanks.
do you know if there is a site/program that is available that could give this info?

A lot of airports have ATIS which tells you not only the weather, but also the runways in use. When I'm sitting in the CJ4 implementing the flight plan, I always reference the ATIS for the runway(s) in use and plan accordingly.

If that's not available (like a small airport in the middle of nowhere), I look it up on windy.com and see which way the wind's blowing and select the runway that's the more into headwind than the others (or just look at the windsock, lol).

For arrival, you can only plan as best as you can for which runway you're likely to land on and plan for that. If approach assigns you something different, you must change the plan accordingly (I usually do a Direct To to whatever waypoint they tell me to proceed to and select the appropriate approach in the FMC).

Hope this helps.

Hello,

I'm new on this forum so  I see today only your research.

Have a look at https://metar-taf.com/fr/ICAO (sample for NICE LFMN),

Obviously, you'll can choose english at https://metar-taf.com/EGLL for London Heathrow...

Hope this helps

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4,4GHz, RAM 16 Go, CG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8Go. Écrans 2x22", 1x7" et 2 tablettes 10".
Simulateur : Prepar3d V4.5 Hardware : Saitek/Logitek ProFlight Yoke + 2 quadrants, radiopanel, multipanel, rudders

Site perso simulation de vollogosimu.png