Sign in to follow this  
Der Zeitgeist

IRIS aquired license from Pilatus for PC-9&PC-24

Iris who built the Jabiru J160/170 for MSFS have announced that they've agreed a license to create the Pilatus PC-9 Turboprop trainer and PC-24 Business Jet for MSFS.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159147785032416&id=56985552415

The idea of a turboprop intermediate trainer sounds fun and will fit nicely with the Grob 115E /Tutor T1 they have coming as well 🙂

Edited by Matchstick

Can you post the key text? I don’t use fakebook. Thanks.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Hehe never heard it called that.  It used to be interesting when we had it for universities only....then Joe Bob and his grandma logged on lol.

Anyway it's basically that they'll be making a PC9 and PC24 jet for Msfs.  I doubt it will be study level based on what their p3d version was like.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks Ryan.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I'm not holding my breath on that PC24 being anything close to study-level. The real jet has a Honeywell glass cockpit, and I can't imagine IRIS replicating that to an acceptable level.

Also, what the devs wrote in that Facebook thread about navdata and Navigraph doesn't seem encouraging:

wwXwmW5.png

Well, it says in the Facebook post that it's gonna be a "recreational rendition" - make of that what you wish. Ha ha. 

Just now, Ricardo41 said:

Well, it says in the Facebook post that it's gonna be a "recreational rendition" - make of that what you wish. Ha ha. 

I'm sure it will be entertaining to watch. 😄

So, they're gonna replicate some version of the Primus 2.0 integrated avionics suite? Ooookkkkayyyyy.

16 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Also, what the devs wrote in that Facebook thread about navdata and Navigraph doesn't seem encouraging:

Navigraph installs into the sim navdata, so as long as they pull from the sim they'll get whatever you have installed, just like we do with the CJ4 (and all the other avionics do, for that matter).

-Matt | Working Title

• Like 3