Sign in to follow this  
Flt300Z

FS9 Aircraft to FSX

Hi, I have FSX (deluxe) and since FS9 has become quite inexpensive, I purchased a copy of FS9 yesterday. My question is: Can I move the FS9 version Cessna 182 to FSX? Is it just a matter of copying the C182 folder from the FS9 "Aircraft" folder to the FSX "Airplanes" folder?Thanks in Advance for responsesFlt300z

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You'd have to make sure you copied all the gauges over, and the effects, and probably sound and textures as well. The panel.cfg file would give you an idea of what sort of things you will need to copy, and you could alias the sound to one of the FSX default birds. I'd put the guages into the panel folder too, so as not to clutter the guages folder.But if I were copying FS9 aircraft into FSX I'd forget about the default birds, and go for freeware or payware. At least then you could be sure of having the necessary files in one place.As it happens I've successfully copied quite a few FS9 aircraft in to FSX. I found that I had more success with aircraft produced late in the development cycle, say 2005 or 2006. The earlier ones risk being rejected by FSX because FSX no longer supports some of the older file formats.Mike.

Thanks. I will give that a try, not as simple as I hoped. I did buy 2 planes during Holiday Special(s) the Carenado 182Q and the Dakota. They fly excellent in FSX, I haven't tried them in FS9 yet. I thought it would be cool to get the 182, 777 and other planes from FS9 to work in FSX also :-) Flt300z

As a matter of fact, it is a good idea to copy a lot of the default aircraft from FS9 into FSX, as many of the addon aircraft, both payware (not so much) and freeware (very much) use a lot of their gauges, gauges which are not necessarily in FSX.I guess I'm wondering, knowing that so many addons use the gauges, why ACES didn't choose to include the old FS9 gauges and effects in FSX even if they didn't carry over the airplanes. Guess they figure they may sell a few more copies of FS9 that way.Along with lots of addons, I've moved over the defaultSpirit of St. Louis, Lockheed Vega, Ford Tri-motor, C182, C208 Amphib, B737-400, B777-300, and Curtiss Jenny, mostly because their gauges and effects and sounds and panels were needed, but also because Dougherty's difficult approaches call them out as well.The hard part about transferring over addons is the lack of support for FS98 gauges (which Bill Lyons used quite a bit of :( ).Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

As a matter of fact, it is a good idea to copy a lot of the default aircraft from FS9 into FSX, as many of the addon aircraft, both payware (not so much) and freeware (very much) use a lot of their gauges, gauges which are not necessarily in FSX.I guess I'm wondering, knowing that so many addons use the gauges, why ACES didn't choose to include the old FS9 gauges and effects in FSX even if they didn't carry over the airplanes. Guess they figure they may sell a few more copies of FS9 that way.Along with lots of addons, I've moved over the defaultSpirit of St. Louis, Lockheed Vega, Ford Tri-motor, C182, C208 Amphib, B737-400, B777-300, and Curtiss Jenny, mostly because their gauges and effects and sounds and panels were needed, but also because Dougherty's difficult approaches call them out as well.The hard part about transferring over addons is the lack of support for FS98 gauges (which Bill Lyons used quite a bit of :( ).Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

>Hi, I have FSX (deluxe) and since FS9 has become quite>inexpensive, I purchased a copy of FS9 yesterday. My question>is: Can I move the FS9 version Cessna 182 to FSX? Is it just a>matter of copying the C182 folder from the FS9 "Aircraft">folder to the FSX "Airplanes" folder?>>Thanks in Advance for responses>Flt300z>>Sure...you can move it along with abunch of others if you wish, see here: http://www.flightsimulatorguide.com/fs9-to-fsx.htmMike4B8

Hello Mike,Went to the site you linked, followed the Instructions to copy the C182S from FS9 to FSX. I just tested a flight, it was quite simple and worked excellent! I am going to go port the others now.ThanksFlt300Z