Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Exciting Reeve Airline Service That Can Get You Drolling

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting exciting regular scheduled Reeve airline service from PADL Dillingham Airport located two nautical miles  west of the central business district of Dillingham in Alaska to PANC Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport located 5 miles southwest of downtown Anchorage.

Very excited passengers boarding Reeve Airline DC-4 featuring well polished/buffed masterpiece livery work painted and polished exclusively by repainter named Hartmut Hekmann who is the official repainter for Virtual Aircraft Restoration Facebook group owned and operated by Hartmut Hekmann and Tobias Krause.

ra2.jpg

Time for preflight inspection!!  Check out super shiny and well polished engines!!

ra3.jpg

Checking right wing to be sure there is no ice or snow build up  CHECK OUT reflection of clouds on metallic shiny wing!

ra4.jpg

Checking left wing for same reason  WHOA I can see cloud reflection on the wing!

ra5.jpg

Checking right engines

ra6.jpg

Checking left engines   Dont you love shine?

ra7.jpg

Checking wheels  you will need lobster bib to catch your drooling from seeing shine on engines!

ra8.jpg

Checking wheels

ra9.jpg

Checking to be sure flaps are set properly

ra10flaps.jpg

Checking propeller blades to be sure there are no ice  WHOA WHOA  look at cloud reflection on propeller blades

ra11.jpg

Checking right propeller blades for same reason  WHOA WHOA I can see reflection of mountains on engine cover

ra12.jpg

Checking front wheel

ra13.jpg

Checking tail

ra14.jpg

Cannot help admiring metallic shine

ra15.jpg

Got to activate all de-ice buttons!!   I do NOT know what the pump button for alcohol is for!!

ra16.jpg

Starting left engines resulting into mind blowing exciting and massive engine start smoke

ra1.jpg

Starting right engines producing massive engine start smoke that is blown forward by powerful winter winds

ra17.jpg

Engines are ready for action!!! But wait  I need to spool up engines for few seconds to be sure they are ready for action in bitter freezing winter weather

ra18.jpg

Starting to taxi to short of runway 1 to start exciting flight!

ra19.jpg

Making sure the route waypoints are ready to avoid high mountains due to the fact there is no weather radar and no terrain warning computer meaning I must avoid mountains covered by clouds.

Here are waypoints: KOWOK PIPPR NUTUW WALUS AMOTT WEWWO ICICL BOB that will enable my plane to avoid running into mountains as seen on this map showing my specific flight path

ra48.jpg

Entering into runway 1 for more taxi and backtrack

ra20.jpg

Because of regulations not permitting more than 20 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink below to view rest of exciting trip.

Here is the hyperlink: https://calclassic.proboards.com/thread/10415/exciting-reeve-airline-service-drolling?page=1&scrollTo=85097

Thank you for viewing!!  Stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

• Like 7

signCopy.jpg

Great set of this Alaskan airline....Aharon..., and, nice route to stay clear of those plentiful mountains...🙂...

@P_7878,

Thanks for your kind words and thanks to others who put like on my screenshot flight report.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Awesome shots of his classic airplane, Aharon !!

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Nice plane, a pity that is can only be obtained by joining Facebook. I am not a member of FB nor do I wish to be one.

Surely there is another link to download a copy without the Join Facebook mandate. Why is it only available at FB?

Edited by Butch1