Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

More progress on the Cessna 414AW

We will be using Substance for our ported products like we did for the Grumman G44A and for new products like this one we will continue to use 3D Reach who also painted for Carenado. We also had 3D Reach make friendly UV's so we can have a paint kit for customers. But ya we are using a professional paint Company so we can stop talking about the quality of our textures and to bring you the best product we can. 

(Keep in mind Asobo has made liveries look bad after SU6 for Xbox and now straight lines are wavy. They expect devs to make decals for liveries and no dev is going to do that. So we hope they offer a way to disable the function for this destructive texture quality.) 

And now we go beyond the norm compared to what you see with the products currently for MSFS from an interactive checklist, input tooltips, HTML gauges and anything the sim offers we include. We also have a new program for writing our user manuals. You will love it when you see it. Makes it super easy to learn.

Enjoy these new HTML gauges as they do not hit the sim performance like XML and enjoy the new font we designed for accuracy. The SDK still has not released anything on how to code HTML so i took some paid lessons on javascript and looked through many of the current HTML gauges in the sim and in 3 weeks i wrote 6 HTML gauges. So enjoy!!!

I will keep sharing some sneak peak vids and soon will show the textures and the entire product in full light and then you can judge a bit more than this last dark vid.

• Like 1

I just read about this plane on msfsaddons and have to say I am STOKED to get this day 1. The preview video made it look fantastic. A perfect plane for the medium GA airport hopper around the world. 

Here is a paint kit sample that we will have available for PS so it makes it easy to design liveries. The tail section will also be included. Although it will not align to the fuselage. 

Cessana414-A-paint-kit-sample.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Flysimware said:

FLYSIMWARE Cessna 414A Chancellor Snippet 3

holy heck! look at all those animations! im a stickler for a well-designed cabin and this looks to the best one i've seen by far in MSFS. most devs either supply a simple, rudimentary cabin or just plain exclude it completely, and that's unfortunate.

i already know i'm going to be spending many hours relaxing in the back cabin there with my glass of champagne, staring out the window 

• Like 1

We need to decide on 3 options. Audio and transponder. Transponder only. Or neither since both are built into the GTN 750. See samples and make a choice. 3D Reach is waiting for our decision so we can update the radio back panel.

Screenshot-59.png

Screenshot-61.png

Screenshot-60.png

The version with both audio and transponder the GTN 750 units sit way too low. I think the best option is to just go with the transponder and place it under the GTN unit 1. 

6 hours ago, Flysimware said:

The version with both audio and transponder the GTN 750 units sit way too low. I think the best option is to just go with the transponder and place it under the GTN unit 1. 

Another option would be a GTN 650 in place of the 2nd GTN 750, and the ADF radio centered below the GTN 650, with a little more horizontal space between the two GTN units.

Al

There is no fps hit. And we decided for now to go with this layout. If we decide to introduce our Garmin autopilot at a later time then we will include the layout our tech pilot has on his C414AW. So it will have a transponder above the right unit and a AP above the left unit. 

Screenshot-72.png

• Like 3

Wanted to share the sounds we custom recorded and coded for this project.

Sorry for the delay of the beta release.....Our original plan was to have an alternative panel with a dual GTN750. We did not get the full panel we wanted as we still do not have a G500/600 PFD. But we now can include the GTN 750 from PMS and TDS and even if you do not want to pay for these integrations PMS has a freeware version. So it was worth it to add a few more weeks. The GTN 750 will include a Garmin 605 autopilot and this thing is so complex and we are making it very realistic it's taking a bit of time. So i said it and let the secret out of the hat as this is something that everyone will want. Our next vid i will show the 2 new panels with the GTN 750 and the Garmin 605.

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TallyShark said:

The product page on your website says it will be released Monday, March 24th.  The 24th is a Thursday, right?

Yes, Mark just forgot to update the day of the week. Thursday, the 24th is what Mark has decided.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1